Ilmxlab Junior Technical Artist
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2022 4:49:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Ilmxlab Junior Technical Artist jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Junior Technical Artist postings
Full Time Job
Position at ILMxLAB
The Junior Technical Artist actively partners with the development team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for the highest possible visual fidelity while ensuring optimal performance.
What you’ll do
• Collaborate with other tech artists to maintain, standardize, and improve studio tools and production pipeline
• Under direction of Lead and Senior artists:
• Perform tasks including: shading, lighting, vfx, procedural creation, simulations, performance profiling and optimization
• Script tools to support the workflow of various disciplines, and the pipeline as a whole
• Assist in exploring solutions to technical art issues and inefficiencies
• Research and help develop new techniques
• Identify, triage, and fix bugs as required
• Provide assistance and documentation
What we’re looking for
• 1-2 years’ experience as a Technical Artist - or equivalent capacity - in 3D game development
• Strong art skills with experience and knowledge of modeling, texturing, UV mapping, animation, & lighting for games
• Passion for playing and making games, experience or interest in VR and AR VFX production / pipeline experience
• Proficient with profiling tools in the examination and diagnosis of performance issues
• Proficient in one or more of the following: Houdini, Maya, 3DSMax, Zbrush, Mari, Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer
• Proficient in scripting skills and tool development
• Experience working in a game engine, Unreal Engine 4 preferred
• Problem solving skills and outside the box thinking
• Strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in one or more of the following OS: Windows, Linux or Unix
• Nice to have:
• Visual arts, animation, and/or computer science background
• Familiarity with Python
• Interest and capacity to work with proprietary toolsets
**A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all applications**
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world. **FOR U.S. BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired U.S. employees.
• • •
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.