Ilmxlab Environment Artist - Expression Of Interest
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at ILMxLAB
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
*Remote Work Option Available*
The Environment Artist is a key member of the highly skilled, creative team at ILMxLAB who works closely with Art Direction and Creative Leads to create stunning, performant real-time environments that are fundamental to the player experience. Your mission is to build immersive, high fidelity worlds for cutting-edge XR technologies using the industry’s most exciting IP.
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, inclusive mindset and passion for great storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
What you’ll do
• Create a wide range of exciting and believable models and textures from concept art and photo reference.
• Assemble, edit, and optimize highly detailed 3D environments.
• Utilize your skills in level art workflow, including assembly, set dressing, and asset composition across levels.
• Continually improve skills and abilities by keeping up to date on industry trends, techniques and products, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
• Pursue a high quality of both aesthetics and visual storytelling.
• Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors.
• Proactively keep Leads and Creative Directors informed of progress and developments.
• Participate in R&D, problem solving artistic solutions to technical problems.
• Receptive to new ideas and creative feedback, and shares their knowledge and experience to better others.
What we’re looking for
• At least one shipped title and 3 years of professional experience in game development designing, modeling, and texturing 3D assets using 3ds Max, Maya, and Substance (or equivalent 3D/2D programs).
• Proficient with Unreal 4, including terrain / landscape editing, material setup, LOD creation, asset optimization and foliage tools
• Advanced abilities in Z-Brush or Mudbox
• Solid knowledge of PBR workflow, materials and lighting.
• Strong paint skills, multi-layered materials and effective texture layout.
• Excellent environment 3D art creation skills
• An interest in understanding and working within the constraints of the medium.
• All around artistic expertise and flair with the ability to switch between a range of styles
• Ability to maintain a high degree of self-direction/motivation while on a deadline.
• Strong communication and time management/prioritization skills.
• Self-motivation with a passion for innovative storytelling and emerging platforms like VR/AR is essential.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
The pioneering spirit that inspired storytellers and technical artists to improvise, innovate and imagine a galaxy far, far away is built into the DNA of ILMxLAB – the new laboratory for immersive entertainment. The combined talents of Lucasfilm, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound are reinventing the way stories are told and experienced, connecting artists with their audiences like never before.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ILMxLAB.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.