Ilmxlab Character Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/5/2021 7:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Ilmxlab Character Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Character Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Ilmxlab Character Technical Artist - Expression Of Interest? ILMxLAB Character Technical Artist (Creature Technical Director) - Expression of Interest San Francisco, CA
Position at ILMxLAB
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
*Remote Work Option Available*
From a galaxy far, far away to other globally-beloved universes, ILMxLAB’s body of work spans multiple award-winning experiences in virtual reality, mixed reality, and more. The team is looking for candidates who are interested in creating the next generation of storytelling for the premium immersive entertainment space powered by real-time graphics.
This fusion of high end graphics and immersive storytelling means creating unparalleled real-time worlds that exponentially raise the bar for consumer experiences. We continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We are looking for talented and driven technologists, artists and designers to join our collaborative, creative, and highly technical work environment.
We're looking for a Character Technical Artist (Creature Technical Director).
Have a look at the description below. If it sounds like you, send us your stuff!
What You'll Do
• Collaborate with dev team to advance the state of real-time rendered immersive experiences, striving for highest possible visual representation of characters while ensuring optimal performance.
• Design, build and test advanced animation rigs, setups, systems and workflows for a variety of ultra high-end characters, creatures, vehicles and props via Maya, Unreal and ILM's proprietary toolsets.
• Assist in development & maintenance of systems and workflows for animating and rigging characters which expedite our character setup and animation process, as well as writing scripts to facilitate art production when required.
• Maintain understanding of industry gold-standard, as well as monitoring promising new techniques, in terms of available tools & systems - via Maya, Unreal, etc. - for skeletons, facial animation methodologies, and constraints used for character animation.
• Develop familiarity & understanding of proprietary toolsets & workflows in the ILM pipeline, integrating as necessary with established best-practices for real-time production workflow, adapting and evolving to solve problems within that hybrid framework. This position calls for an individual who enjoys the difficulty of solving problems, with a keen attention to detail and sense of anticipation.
• Consult in development of breakdowns, task lists, estimates, schedules, milestones and overall project goals as necessary; participate in project stand-ups, meetings, and reviews.
• Actively participate in concept testing of new ideas and building of rapid prototypes.
What We're Looking For
• Minimum 3 yrs experience as a Character TD, Technical Artist-Rigger or Technical Animation Setup role for AAA game development, directly supporting the production with rigging, scripting & tool development.
• Minimum 3 yrs production experience with Maya, Maya API
• Excellent working knowledge of scripting - Maya Python/PyMEL, C API, and PySide/PyQt GUI design experience
• A strong understanding of the real-time art production pipeline & process for different types of asset creation - with super-powered understanding of potential pitfalls for movement mechanics & deformation.
• Strong grasp of basic of animation principles, clear understanding of anatomy, kinematics & deformation
• Extensive experience with integration of performance capture animation for both body & face
• Experience with run-time, blend-tree based animation systems. Unreal and Maya experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of Unreal Animation features & toolsets: blueprints, component anims, physics-based anims, Sequencer, Matinee
• Experience with cloth, hair, fracturing and rigid simulations
• Working knowledge of Linux, Perforce, Linear Algebra
• VFX production experience
• Experience or interest in the creation of VR & MR experiences
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.