Ilmxlab Associate Devops Engineer - Expression Of Interest
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/16/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Ilmxlab Associate Devops Engineer - Expression Of Interest jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Ilmxlab Associate Devops Engineer - Expression Of Interest postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Ilmxlab Associate Devops Engineer - Expression Of Interest? Job Summary:
Position at ILMxLAB
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
ILMxLAB, Lucasfilm’s Immersive Entertainment division, is looking for an Associate DevOps Engineer to join our team in San Francisco.
As an Associate DevOps Engineer, you will develop and maintain core systems that customize the Unreal Engine and deploy it for use on several Lucasfilm projects.
What You’ll Do
• As part of the ILMxLAB DevOps team, under guidance of team managers, assist in implementing a self-service continuous build, release, and deployment infrastructure for one of the most well-known brands in the world
• Aid in the administration of our Jenkins server and help troubleshoot build failures with engineering teams
• Work on tasks around creation of new infrastructure for ILMxLAB projects using Terraform and Ansible to launch services on AWS
• Assist in the automation of the integration process of new Unreal versions into internal forks customized by Lucasfilm engineers
• Help generalize our pipeline for use across a wide range of platforms
• Work with the global delivery teams across Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company
• Special projects as needed
What We’re Looking For
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 0-2 years relevant experience
• Passion for DevOps including but not limited to build, release, deployment, and system automation
• Passion for immersive media such as virtual, augmented and mixed reality
• Flexibility to handle a variety of tasks
• Experience using Jenkins or an equivalent CI system
• Excellent communication skills, able to work as part of a team
• Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to quickly learn and then implement new techniques
• Nice to have:
• Experience in the games or VFX industries
• Experience with Git or Perforce
• Experience with AWS or an equivalent cloud service provider
• Experience with Terraform
• Experience with Ansible or an equivalent configuration management tool
• Experience with Linux and Windows automation
• Experience with C
• Experience with the Unreal Engine codebase
• Experience programming for VR along with 3D math skills (linear algebra, vector math)
• Experience building for mobile, consoles, Linux, or high-end PC
• Passion for the Star Wars Universe
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.