Human Resources Business Partner
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSydney, NS
Full Time Job
The Human Resources Business Partner will play a key role in the delivery of our Talent strategy through partnering with the studio to assist in managing, developing and implementation of HR initiatives. The HRBP will provide advice and assistance to the business on day to day HR matters including Performance Management, Remuneration, Learning and Development activities, whilst proactively leading and participating in HR projects/initiatives.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…
• Serves as HR Business Partner to the Studio managers and advise in the areas of performance management, compensation, employee relations, benefits, policy and procedures and learning and development
• Assists in the development and implementation of HR projects/initiatives aligned to business and HR strategy
• Leads HR to deliver the annual talent and reward cycles including Performance Reviews, Succession Planning, and Salary Review
• Manages and guide leaders through the performance improvement process
• Partner with Training and Artist Management to drive and develop organisational development programs, including Performance, Development, Compensation, Change, Communication
• Assist in driving the HR strategy in partnership with Senior Manager, Human Resources
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• At least 6 years as a HR Generalist in a MNC fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
• Ability to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and maturity in interacting and communicating effectively with an international team, including all levels of staff
• Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills coupled with maturity and impact to establish good working relationships across the organization is critical to the success of this role.
• Bachelor Degree in a related field or a combination of education and experience that would approximate this level of professionalism
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Industrial Light & Magic (UK) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.