Executive Producer, Animation
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for an Executive Producer, Animation who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Executive Producer is responsible for overseeing a slate of animated features globally in the San Francisco studio in addition to serving as the key client contact for shows hubbed in San Francisco. Brings production oversight throughout all phases of projects, providing guidance and support to the teams involved. Engages in marketing and new business activities for the San Francisco Studio. Forges and nurtures key client relationships.
What you’ll do
• Responsible for overseeing assigned shows in the global portfolio.
• Responsible for budgets, schedules and strategy for executing assigned shows on time and on budget.
• Proactively problem-solves across portfolio of shows to maximize efficiency of crew across multiple projects, looks for solutions within own shows where possible.
• Supports show leadership in managing client conflict and expectations.
• In conjunction with Creative Director(s) and VFX Supervisor(s), meets with clients early in each assigned project to establish and/or renew relationships.
• Serves as point of escalation for clients
• Evaluates Estimated Financial Cost (EFCs) for assigned projects.
• Partners with Executive Producers based in the London, Vancouver, Singapore studios.
• Works with the show producers and production accountant to provide studio management with early, consistent and accurate EFC reporting.
• Attends weekly Portfolio meetings and presents EFCs for assigned shows.
• Brings production issues to the attention of the appropriate leadership teams(s).
• Conducts production mid and show post reviews; participates of show post mortems with show leadership.
• Key point of contact/escalation for Executive Producers (EPs) and Hub Producers in other ILM Studios.
• Supports and promotes ILMs best practices across ILM’s portfolio.
• Key participant in SF-centric and cross-studio marketing meetings.
• Key participant in discussions around improving efficiency and cost competitiveness.
• Partners with Bidding to Producer to generate bids and bid letters, presents to Executives-In-Charge (EICs) and Executives.
• Plays a proactive role in marketing ILMs services to the industry;
• Stays informed as to new developments in the ‘local’ film industry and VFX community;
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
• 10 years hands-on digital production experience.
• Proven track record of successfully working in Visual Effects Producer capacity on several major productions at a facility (6 years).
• Proven track record in bidding and client management.
• Must have a specific understanding of visual effects techniques, scheduling and throughput.
• Strong production and technology knowledge required.
• Proven track record of fiscal responsibility.
• Must be a compelling communicator with a strong point of view and a proven ability to influence others through diplomacy. Must be able to articulate ideas effectively.
• Strong communication, listening and people skills are essential. Must be an outstanding people manager/supervisor, mentor and collaborator.
• Must be a fearless decision maker who will use strong follow through to ensure the long term success of ILM’s committed plans.
• Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.