Effects Technical Directorsingapore, Singapore
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSingapore , SG
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
The Effects Technical Director generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
• Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
• Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects
• Solid lighting/rendering ability and working knowledge of Nuke.
• Can animate moderate objects with proficiency.
• Can pick-up new technologies quickly and easily and can debug just about anything.
• Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
• 3-5 years production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
• Demo reel with breakdown required
/ Technical Competencies
• Working knowledge of Houdini
• Ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues.
• Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient troubleshooter.
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing
• Linux and scripting ability in Python
• Expert knowledge of Houdini and proficient in VEX
• Good knowledge of Mantra, including setting up and writing shaders
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.