Director Of Production
Lucasfilm EntertainmentSydney, NS
Full Time Job
The Director of Production is responsible for the Production function and managing the production team. The Director of Production will work with the other global Directors of Production on production best practices. The Director of Production serves as the local head of production, with the local Producers reporting to this position. The Director of Production will also serve as a Portfolio EP on a show or two, as bandwidth allows.
They will also help the VP of Production and Director of Capacity help with capacity issues across shows and studios, in conjunction with the Studio PMs.
Management of Production function and team:
• Key point of contact/escalation for EPs and Hub Producers in other ILM Studios.
• Supports and promotes ILMs best practices across ILM Sydney portfolio.
• Works closely with Talent Management to understand Strategic Capacity issues and opportunities.
• Works closely with Talent Management to help solve in-studio resource conflicts.
• Works with Global EPs, Global EICs and VP Marketing & Production to solve global resource conflicts
• Recruitment of new production team members (Senior Producers, Producers, Associate Producers, Production Managers)
• Manages the team performance management, such as development, performance and reward
• Casting senior production crew to projects
Mentoring, training and development Executive Producer responsibilities:
• In conjunction with VFX Supervisor, meets with clients early in each assigned project to establish and/or renew relationships
• Responsible for overseeing assigned shows in the studio portfolio.
• Responsible for budgets, schedules and general strategy for executing assigned shows on time and on budget.
• Supports show leadership in managing client conflict and expectations.
• Responsible for EFCs for assigned projects.
• Works with the show producers and production accountant to provide studio management with early, consistent and accurate EFC reporting.
• Attends weekly Portfolio meetings and presents EFCs for assigned shows.
• Brings production issues to the attention of the EIC, Creative Director and VP, Marketing & Production.
• Conducts mid production and post show reviews; participates in show post mortems with show leadership, EIC and Creative Director.
• Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Minimum of 10-12 years in visual effects production experience with 5-10 years as a Senior Producer on feature films or visual effects required.
/ Technical Competencies:
• Must have a specific understanding of visual effects techniques, scheduling and throughput. Understanding of ILM production processes.
• Must have proven ability to delegate to, mentor and actively manage production staff.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •