Associate Talent Manager
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 4/16/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate Talent Manager jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Associate Talent Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Talent Manager? Job Summary:
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This position provides support to the talent management team, as well as providing an opportunity to get more involved in the crewing and scheduling of artists, and learn the management process at ILM. This role also works closely with Producers and others as appropriate to schedule personnel to ensure proper casting as well as timely and efficient completion of productions.
What you’ll do
• Responsible for the artists day to day in regards to queries, absence, next show opportunities etc., working closely with the Sr Talent Manager and HR when people issues escalate
• Manage artist crewing and scheduling for specific departments
• Through weekly CG Status meetings, maintains regular contact with Shows to ensure that crewing needs are met
• Act as backup to Talent Managers for artist crewing and schedules while on vacation
• Maintains overview of utilization using established departmental production management and tracking systems
• Maintains overall and show-specific schedule for digital artists. Creates and maintains scheduling overviews and availability schedules upon request
• Determines and projects current and future project based personnel needs based on input from Portfolio Group and Production. This includes maintaining contact with Producers regarding overall crew size requirements, crew start and end dates and show start/delivery dates as well as incorporating bidding data into facility projections. Flags potential problems in regards to any of these
• Works collaboratively with Production, Supervisors and Recruitment to define and communicate ongoing recruitment requirements for assigned departments
• Works with the Training team to develop training plans for upcoming show needs and ongoing departmental talent development
• Special projects as needed on an on-going basis as assigned
What we’re looking for
• Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred
• Previous experience in VFX industry in a scheduling or other relevant role or other high-end computer graphics production environment
• Knowledge of computer graphics terminology and a thorough understanding of the processes involved in CG post production
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Suite
• High levels of self-motivation and proactiveness as well as reactiveness
• Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively to individuals of all nationalities and backgrounds
• Demonstrable ability to interact well with groups of individuals with different personalities, perspectives and talents
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Proactive and pragmatic approach to problem-solving with an ability to create process and useful data with ambiguous information
• Proven analytical skills
• Must be able to work quickly and effectively to turn around reports and analysis in a timely manner
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.