Art Assistant, Bc
Lucasfilm EntertainmentVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 9/18/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Art Assistant, Bc jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Art Assistant, Bc postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Art Assistant, Bc?
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Provides administrative and entry level design support for the Art department, including Creative Director, Department Manager, Art Director and Concept artists. This is a fantastic position for an aspiring artist to get their foot in the door of our world leading cinematic art department, where you would support the day to day function of the department, whilst learning from the leaders in the field. As an Art Assistant, your main tasks would be to support the production needs of the department, enabling the Concept Artists and Art Director to successfully complete their work.
What You'll Do
• Provides administrative and general support to Art dept. personnel and clients
• Assists in all phases of production from bidding to archiving
• Maintains inventory, orders and stocks all department supplies
• Conducts library/video research for reference materials
• Creates presentation packages for meetings including scanning, printing and mounting of concept and storyboard artwork
• Responsible for general department maintenance
• Assists artists with clean-up of concept and storyboard artwork
• Maintains department databases
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor’s degree in Art, Graphic Design, Animation, or equivalent
• Strong traditional drawing skills required. Knowledge of concept and storyboard art as well as fundamental design principles
• A working knowledge of artwork presentation preparation
• Must work well in high-pressure environment
• Background in graphic art, design or film highly preferred
• Thorough knowledge of design programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Knowledge of Linux, Modo, Zbrush or Maya a plus
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Concept art or design portfolio required
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.