Lucasfilm EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
Creates high quality motion of computer graphics creatures, characters and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general Supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for the successful animation of a series of shots on a specific project.
• Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
• Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
• Expected to ‘mentor’ entry level Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Key Peers or Relationships
Animation Supervisors, Animation Leads and Seniors, Key Creatives, Department Production Manager
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in traditional animation or computer animation.
• Demonstrable experience working in cel, stopmotion or computer animation with experience working on feature films.
• Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design while demonstrating exceptional skills as an animator based as evidenced by portfolio, demo reel and references.
• Significant experience working at Mid-Level Animator level in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and the Department Manager.
Required Technical Skills / Competencies
• Knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting; expert knowledge of Maya, proprietary and other software programs.
• Knowledge of chaining and constraint techniques.
• Knowledge of both the CG production pipeline and the other production processes at ILM.
• Excellent organization and communication skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Lucasfilm fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
• • •
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.