Technical Assistant, Story
Lucasfilm AnimationSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/29/2021 11:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Technical Assistant, Story jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Technical Assistant, Story postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Technical Assistant, Story?
Full Time Job
Technical Assistant, Story (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation is the creator of the Emmy award-winning animation series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, an original series now streaming on Disney .
We are looking for a Technical Assistant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The Technical Assistant will work closely with Directors and Story Artists while helping produce and maintain a smoothly running 3D Story pipeline. This position is responsible for all technical matters in the story phase of production, including show setup, technical support, show QC, packaging, as well as tool design and integration.
• Under supervision of Pipeline Supervisor and Technical Director, develop tools (scripting and programming) for the 3D Story department.
• Develop a strong understanding of the 3D Story Pipeline so as to assist with any technical issues that should arise.
• Assist in Show Setup and Packaging, and maintain all the tools required to perform these tasks.
• QC and problem solve for issues of all media coming into, being used by, and then delivered out of the 3D Story Department.
• Assist the 3D Story artists by troubleshooting any technical issues they run into.
• Contribute to the success of both the 3D Story Creative and Pipeline Department through actively supporting operational tasks as well as identifying and addressing potential issues/problems.
• Learn and follow coding conventions and standards.
• Work with leaders across multiple departments to ensure that the 3D Story Pipeline is running smoothly and efficiently.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 plus years of experience working within the animation industry.
• Works well in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to communicate at both a technical and non-technical level with colleagues.
• Works independently and can be proactive about solving issues.
• Must be able to handle critique and (code) review.
• Strong interest in animation story process preferred.
• Must have demonstrated expertise in the Maya software package.
• Demonstrated programming skills: Python and Mel.
• Strong understanding of animation production and development process.
• Working knowledge of a Unix-like operating system also preferred.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.