Director, Post Production
Lucasfilm AnimationSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Post Production (Animation)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award-winning animation series ''Star Wars: The Clone Wars'' and the highly successful animation series ''Star Wars: The Bad Batch'', ''Star Wars Rebels'' and ''Star Wars Resistance'', as well as our Star Wars LEGO content and other limited series, such as Star Wars Visions, are looking for a Director, Post Production who reflects the innovative spirit, technical prowess, and passion for great storytelling and filmmaking that define Lucasfilm Ltd.
The Director, Post Production will provide departmental and show leadership and support for multiple shows across Lucasfilm Animation and Franchise Animation. Working closely with production and outside vendors is integral. High level communication with our key stakeholders is key. High level scheduling and show and departmental budgets are expected.
• Create episodic series, special or limited series schedules for Editorial & Post Production across Lucasfilm and Franchise Animation.
• Work with executive team on show planning and resources.
• Bid new shows or special event presentations.
• Manage and communicate show expectations with our Disney partners.
• Work closely with Lucasfilm Localization, Assets and Marketing teams on all shows.
• Work closely with Disney Operations on schedules and delivery of masters and QC.
• Guide communication in setting up outside production or post vendors regarding technical specifications and delivery schedules.
• Maintain and catalogue all hardware and software needs in conjunction with our recording studios and external vendors.
• Supervise editorial and post production process.
• Manage the editorial and post teams as well as provide mentorship.
• Create show credits template for executive review and approvals.
• Support delivering final production media & editorial for post as needed.
• Provide guidance and best practices for post team for special projects, screenings and awards submissions
• Directly manages overall professional growth for two Associate Production Managers
• Six years of experience within the entertainment field, preferably in episodic animation and/or documentary/docu series content
• Should have a firm technical knowledge of post formats and processes.
• Should have an understanding of live-action editorial process.
• Production or post-production leadership experience.
• A self-starter capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of initiative and confidentiality.
• Flexibility and capability to think on their own within a high pressure environment.
• A willingness and passion for continuous learning.
• Excellent communication skills, proficient with Google Apps, Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel knowledge.
• Strong attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment all while meeting strict deadlines.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Film, Art, Communications or has gained such experience by working within our industry.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.