Intern - Animation
Lucasfilm AnimationSan Francisco, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/27/2021 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Animation jobs in San Francisco-CA
Search all Intern - Animation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Animation? Job Summary:
We are looking for an Animation Intern who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The primary role of an Animation Intern is to support the Animation Director in the execution, and delivery of animated shot production. The intern will learn the day-to-day operations of the animation pipeline on an episodic production This role requires someone who has some knowledge of the classical animation principles, and a sense of what an animation pipeline is. The ideal candidate would be a person that is interested in and proficient at animation, who is also willing to learn the rigors of producing animation on a fast-paced production schedule.
• Create high-quality character animation utilizing the classic principles.
• Aid in the creation of believable characters and physicality of motion whether biped, quadruped, or any other type of creature.
• Work closely with the Animation Director and colleagues to develop animation cycles and animate key emotional or technical performances
• Notate any Animation Cycles for New Characters based on the story reel.
• Consistently meet deadlines without sacrificing animation quality.
• Present completed shots and animation cycles to Animation Supervisor for notes and/or final approval and address any notes given to achieve final approval in a timely manner
• Communicate with Animation Coordinator and other production colleagues for due dates on all internal shot production
• Have the opportunity to learn how an animation pipeline works on an international episodic show.
• Assist in polishing and taking in progress animation shots from our vendors to the next level of performance.
• Test out new rigs and work with designers to make sure that characters and vehicles are able to attain the high-quality performances that the show requires.
• When requested, attend meetings with internal (ILM/ADG) and external studio development teams
• Research, collect, and catalog reference imagery and videos as requested by Animation Supervisor and/or CG Supervisor that pertains to the upcoming episodes and Animation and Lighting Kickoffs
• Possibly attend animation kick-off meetings with overseas vendors as requested
• Attend animation dailies and assist production if needed to prepare the daily session
• QC Episodic Actor Record Video reference
• Assist with Cloth and Crowd Annotations
• Show a strong passion for the field of animation.
• Some understanding of classic animation principles,
• Proficient with lip-sync and facial animation.
• Familiarity with rigging of characters. Knowledge of modeling is a plus.
• Knowledge of various software applications. Maya is a necessity. Technical expertise is a plus.
• Be able to work well with others and take direction
• Newly graduated (within one year) or still in school, obtaining Bachelor's Degree in film, art, communications or related field.
• Currently enrolled in Art or Design program or related curriculum material OR someone who has recently graduated (within the last year), from a similar program.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.