Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLCSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Production Coordinator (Project Hire)
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award-winning animation series ''Star Wars: The Clone Wars'' and the highly successful animation series ''Star Wars: Rebels'' are looking for a versatile Lighting and FX Production Coordinator to join their production team.''
The Lighting and FX Production Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining the Lighting and FX departments from pre-production through post production on an animated television series.
• Coordinates the day to day running of the overseas Lighting and FX departments, facilitating schedules through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
• Responsible for populating internal tracking system with dailies notes, shot status and other pertinent data.
• Schedules and organizes meetings for the Lighting/FX Supervisor. Manages his daily calendar, task lists and communicates the Lighting/FX Supervisor's availability to other coordinators.
• Prepares meeting notes, memos, and documents as required. Takes and delivers FX and Lighting dailies notes to the overseas vendors.
• Partners with the Lighting/FX Supervisor to prepare FX annotations, bid calculations, and reference material for the overseas vendors.
• Collaborates with external production in sending and receiving media files and keeping milestone schedules on target. Organizes and ships reference materials and Maya files to overseas studios.
• Coordinates all paperwork and setup required for turnovers/kickoffs internally and overseas. Will be required to continue building and maintaining effective working partnerships with overseas production staff in order to achieve seamless and efficient flow of work through the studios.
• Attends after hours Lighting and FX kick-off meetings with overseas vendors as requested.
• Schedules and attends show Pipeline and Development meetings.
• Manages the organization and tracking of internal shot work for the Lighting/FX Supervisor, as well as any and all Color Correction call outs.
• Manages the Lighting Concept Schedule and facilitates notes and reviews for the LC Artist.
• Manages the Matte Production Schedule. Completes all matte breakdowns and coordinates matte reviews with the Lighting/ FX Supervisor and LC Artist.
• May be asked to help with general production support throughout the rest of the show – such as running department dailies, completing special projects as needed, covering for other coordinators as needed.
• 3 years of relevant experience in Production, preferably in Animation.
• Requires excellent administrative and note taking skills, including word processing, strong working knowledge of Word, Excel and Photoshop.
• Must be capable of working independently and as part of a team. Needs to demonstrate a high level of initiative, flexibility and confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail, time management, communication, and follow up/follow through skills required.
• Experience or interest in the areas of Animation, Lighting, or FX.
• Ability to multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Bachelor's Degree in Animation, Art, Film or related field preferred.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.