Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLCSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Concept Designer - Expression Of Interest
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume & portfolio. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.''
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award-winning animation series ''Star Wars: The Clone Wars'' and the highly successful animation series ''Star Wars: Rebels'' and ''Star Wars: Resistance'' are looking for a versatile Concept Designer to join their production team.
The Concept Designer will work within the Design Team as part of a broader production network, to create design deliverables for production use.
• Draw and paint digitally to create design sketches and final illustrations of characters, creatures, sets, props and vehicles. As a mid-level artist, task types will include all of those listed and a well-rounded skill set is required.
• Create deliverables as per the specifications of design packaging, including fully rendered hero shots as well as detail callouts and material/texture information.
• Generate precise 2d character turns as templates for final 3d geometry.
• Utilize 3d software to create loose sketches of environments, props and vehicles for layout and scale check.
• Work to production deadlines as scheduled by the department production team.
• Meet the Supervising Director and Art Director's aesthetic requirements on final designs.
• 3-5 years as a concept artist, preferably within a production studio
• Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required.
• Proficiency of Adobe Photoshop required.
• Working knowledge of 3d, essential, Autodesk Maya preferred.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of flexibility, collaboration, and confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail, time management, communication, and follow up/follow through skills required.
• Able to effectively problem solve.
• Ability work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Lucasfilm.
Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.