Motion Graphic Designer
Los Angeles LakersEl Segundo, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 4:16:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Motion Graphic Designer jobs in El Segundo-CA
Search all Motion Graphic Designer postings
Full Time Job
Job Title: Motion Graphic Designer
Reports to: Creative Director
Departmental Goal: To build Lakers brand affinity and the future fan pipeline by creating daily, engaging team content and leveraging digital platforms, while also supporting Game Entertainment and other departments reach fans and publish their content via digital platforms and in-arena.
Position Summary: The Motion Designer is responsible for taking Lakers social and video content to the next level in collaboration with the current Motion Graphics Designer. This includes focusing on social graphics and supplementing 3D Game Entertainment content. Additionally, packing and repacking highlight videos, creating original animations creative pieces for Lakers, South Bay Lakers, and Lakers Gaming, and working with corporate partners on branded content.
Key Metrics Used to Evaluate Performance:
• Number of graphics created
• Number of views/engagement
• Fan feedback on graphics across our social channels and in-arena
Essential Functions (Duties & Responsibilities**):
• Concept, storyboard, and execute creative ideas across platforms
• Ensure all marketing communications across various channels and departments remain consistent and align with strategic marketing goals
• Assist in the production and creation of graphic elements that effectively activate on our fans and partnership initiatives
• Production of video graphics, end tags, lower thirds, editorials, etc.
• Partner with designer, copywriter and marketing manager to ensure quality in all aspects of campaign execution
• Create special effects and motion graphics for Digital Marketing and Game Entertainment
• Tell stories using compelling motion graphics, animation and video
• Work with video producers on graphics to enhance video projects
**Responsibilities subject to change based on organizational needs and direction from management.
Bachelor's degree (preferred)
• A minimum of three to four (3-4) years working in motion graphics within a branding, advertising, agency or in-house marketing environment
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, etc.), 3D software (Cinema 4D, Octane, RedShift)
• Video editing experience preferred
• Understanding of video and animation codecs and rendering
• Knowledge of production standards and best practices for social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat, etc.)
• Proficient on a Mac /iOs software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation abilities
• Strong command of visual and communication design principles
• Flexible and adaptable, while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines
• A passion for sports and an understanding of other sport cycles and operations
• Knowledge of basketball (preferred)
• Eagerness and initiative to learn emerging technology/platforms/trends
• Exceptional design aesthetic and awareness of design trends and innovation across a variety of animated and digital mediums
Location: El Segundo (offices M-F), and other occasional off-site events
Travel: Less than10% of the time
Hours: This position requires constant attention due to the continuous nature of the news cycle. Regular office hours (9am- 5:30pm M-F), plus overtime if needed; must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays to complete deadlines as needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.