Design Coordinator, Special Projects, Planning and Development
Los Angeles DodgersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Design Coordinator, Special Projects will provide support for a wide range of projects, coordinating work with vendors, architects, and consultants, and crafting presentations and other visuals to depict project objectives. This role will have a heavy emphasis on the design side of projects, including the production of mockups, renderings, and other visual presentations to communicate design to vendors and clients. This position will travel frequently, both domestically and internationally.
• Prepare and modify presentation documents including mock ups, renderings, power point presentations and plans that relate to design work and construction
• Provide renderings, Photoshops, Sketchup 3-D models, and mark up of plans and photos as needed to provide visual presentation of projects
• Produce plans in Autocad as needed
• Coordinate fabrication and installation of artwork, exhibits, signage, furniture, and other fixtures and equipment as part of larger renovation projects
• Collaborate with vendors, designers, and engineers to ensure successful completion of projects
• Research team, city, and facility histories to evaluate and generate ideas for displays, artwork, signage, and other graphic elements of sport-venue projects.
• Track costs for owner-direct projects as needed
• Assist with review and mark-ups of architectural drawings and proposals
• Maintain knowledge of ballpark and stadium trends and best practices, and incorporate the knowledge in carryout of all projects
• Perform other tasks as the need arises by the team
• Travel will be required
• Long hours, including weekend work will be required
• Location is flexible
• 3-4 years of professional or equivalent educational experience in a related field
• Entry-level experience in Architecture and Design
• Strong Design Sensibilities
• Curiosity about a career in Architecture, Development, or Project Management
• Strong communication skills
• Strong Photoshop skills are a requirement
• Must be highly proficient in Sketchup and AutoCad
• Experience working in Revit is a plus
• Strong knowledge of and interest in professional sports
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of other relevant software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Must be highly organized
• Enthusiastic learner
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Exceptional problem assessment and problem solving
• Possess excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Able to interact with vendors, consultants, contractors, and clients in a professional manner
• Valid Driver's License and US Passport
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
• Upon submission of an application, candidates may be required to complete a design assessment as part of the interview process
Current Los Angeles Dodgers employees should apply via the internal job board in UltiPro by following these prompts:
MENU > MYSELF > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES > click on the job link > CONSENT > APPLY NOW for consideration.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes their right to work in the United States.
In accordance with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ policies relating to COVID-19, all newly-hired employees are required to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to provide proof of vaccination and booster prior to their first day of employment. Applicants who decline to be vaccinated because of a qualifying medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, or because they are pregnant, may be considered for a reasonable accommodation to these requirements.