Community Relations Specialist, Military, Health & Special Projects
Los Angeles DodgersLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2023 11:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Community Relations Specialist, Military, Health & Special Projects jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Community Relations Specialist, Military, Health & Special Projects postings
Full Time Job
Title: Community Relations Specialist, Military, Health & Special Projects
Department: External/Community Relations
Reports to: Manager, Community Relations
Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $28.00 - $30.00/hour*
*Compensation rates vary based on job-related factors, including experience, job skills, education, and training.
The Military, Health & Special Projects Specialist will work on a wide range of the Dodgers community affairs outreach efforts and activities. This includes managing the teams’ Military and Health initiatives. In addition, this person will manage all MLB Initiatives and the Dodgers Love LA annual Community Tour and collaborate with the marketing department on additional special events in the community.
• Manage and lead all military initiatives including flag ceremonies, reenlistments, military care packages, Opening Day, Memorial Day 4th of July, Veteran’s Day Batting Practice, Navy Fleet Week, and coordinate color guards, and flyovers for special games.
• Support the Marketing team with Military Hero of the Game as needed
• Plan and execute the teams’ annual Bank of America Dodgers Love LA Community Tour
• Manage and coordinate MLB initiatives including Player Give Back program, Pitch Hit & Run Championship, Playball clinics, Jackie Robinson Day, Roberto Clemente Day, LGBTQ Sprit Day etc.
• Oversee the ‘health’ community affairs pillar which focuses on outreach and program activities in health education and awareness
• Manage the Dodger/UCLA Blue Wish program, designed to inspire and create an unforgettable experience for Dodger fans facing a serious health condition, illness, or major milestone
• Manage player hospital visits and activations
• Oversee data tracking for all CR initiatives within your purview.
• Provide weekly detailed reports on program impacts, including but not limited to quantifiable analysis of program progress year over year.
• Manage, process, fulfill, and review external in-kind donations for non-profits, schools, and other community programs
• Collaborate with the Dodgers Public Relations department to identify appropriate opportunities to promote community and charitable efforts
• Write and draft memos and background materials related to all events within your purview
• Prepare web copy updates in a timely fashion
• Assist with pre-game and game day on-field activities including batting practice visits, meet and greet visits, auction experiences, and player support as needed
• Manage individual program budgets and expenses
• Support the Manager and department as needed
• Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and other variable hours as needed
• Perform all duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Bilingual English/Spanish (verbal and written) preferred
• Minimum two to three years’ experience in community relations/outreach, non-profit organization, or related field
• Proven ability to successfully manage an event from start to finish – from ideation through execution of the event/program
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize, and maintain flexibility when working on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
• Goal oriented, self-starter with a strong work ethic and proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work in tandem with internal and external customers (residents, civic and business leaders, volunteers) with a positive customer service attitude
• Able to work independently, creatively, with initiative and accurately within specific deadlines
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be organized and detail oriented
• Innovative, creative and an ability to think outside the box
• Must have a positive attitude, and be team oriented
Current Los Angeles Dodgers employees should apply via the internal job board in UltiPro by following these prompts:
MENU > MYSELF > MY COMPANY > VIEW OPPORTUNITIES > select the position > CONSENT > APPLY NOW
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity for all qualified applicants from every race, creed, and background. The Organization is also firmly committed to complying with all applicable laws and governmental regulations at the state and local levels which prohibit discrimination.
LOS ANGELES DODGERS LLC considers all applicants without regard to national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, military status, citizenship status, pregnancy or related medical conditions, marital status, ancestry-ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal civil rights law. The Immigration Reform and Control Act require that the Organization obtain documentation from every individual who is employed which verifies identity and authorizes their right to work in the United States.