Coordinator, Youth Basketball
Los Angeles ClippersLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
As Coordinator, you will support the Manager, Youth Basketball in the implementation and administration of the Jr. Clippers program. Duties will include reporting of camp registration, coordinating coaching schedules, collaborating with internal partners and liaising directly with vendors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Craft and update reports of Jr. Clipper camp and clinic registration and attendance, and other program data
• Arrange camp coach and other staff schedules and hours for camps, clinics and events
• Liaise with youth basketball jersey provider and other vendors
• Facilitate scheduling of clinics and booking of gym facilities
• Coordinate social media and marketing materials with internal departments
• Participate in local events that promote the Jr. Clippers program
• Drive sales and revenue through registration of youth basketball programs
Characteristics / Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in youth programs and/or events
• 1 years of basketball administration, event management or sales/marketing experience
• High proficiency in a variety of technology, including but not limited to: Microsoft Office and social media platforms
• Experience writing reports and developing plans
• Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
• Previous experience with event selling and planning preferred
• Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
• Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
• Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
• Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The LA Clippers are an equal opportunity employer. It is the Clipper's desire and intent that all employees enjoy a professional business working environment that is free from discrimination and harassment.
• How did you hear about this job?
The Jr. Clippers program has grown to over 100,000 participants since its start at Normandie Recreation Center 18 years ago - making it one of the largest youth programs in the NBA. Through the program we hope to inspire and encourage children to stay active and experience the thrill of basketball and the LA Clippers.