Los Angeles AngelsAnaheim, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/20/2020 12:19:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Associate Counsel jobs in Anaheim-CA
Search all Associate Counsel postings
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, must then fully complete the application process on follow-up screen. Resumes are required*
Summary of Responsibilities:
Angels Baseball LP is seeking excellent and motivated candidates to provide support for the General Counsel, Legal and Risk Management. The Associate Counsel will provide legal advice and support to management of the Club, its various departments, and its affiliates. Vital skills sought include the ability to review and assimilate large volumes of complex information efficiently and effectively, understand the business needs of the Club, have a keen awareness for minimizing legal risk to the Club and otherwise ensure that the actions of the Club are in compliance with applicable laws and ordinances, contractual requirements, corporate governance documents, and MLB rules.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Experience and proficiency with negotiating and drafting various types of contracts and other legal documents, including sponsor agreements, intellectual property licensing, sweepstakes, event/location/performance agreements, and third party vendor agreements.
• Understanding of California employment law and regulations, employee relations, and employment policies. Preparation of employee manuals/policies and procedures and other employment agreements are preferred.
• Ability to initiate, lead, organize and coordinate negotiations, projects and legal matters, including those that are complex, strategic and/or sensitive in nature.
• Must possess a strong general understanding of the law and ability to provide immediate support to various departments and functions of the Club.
• Facilitate and assist with compliance by the Club and its affiliates with applicable laws, rules, regulations and ordinances.
• Business and industry knowledge and skills (including financial matters)
• Excellent leadership and management skills are required
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Sound business judgment
• Relevant and applicable prior experience is preferred.
Minimum Education and Experience:
• Juris Doctorate
• 5-7 years of relevant legal experience
• Active law license in California
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Professional attitude and judgment
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent follow up and service to internal and external customers
• Superior multi-tasking skills, a strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle competing priorities.
• Advanced Microsoft Office experience
• Ability to frequently sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally work in inclement weather (when in stadium)
• Ability to traverse from office to stadium frequently
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.