Angels BaseballBaseball Operations Analyst
Los Angeles AngelsAnaheim, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2021 4:23:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Angels BaseballBaseball Operations Analyst jobs in Anaheim-CA
Search all Angels BaseballBaseball Operations Analyst postings
Full Time Job
*In order to be considered for this opportunity applicants, after clicking ''apply now'' above and being redirected, must then fully complete the application process on follow-up screen.*
The Baseball Operations Analyst will support the Baseball Operations group's efforts to analyze and provide data, statistics and other baseball-related information. The ideal candidate combines a strong background of technical skills with an understanding of baseball research concepts and modern gameplay strategies.
• Develop tools and visualizations for disseminating statistical concepts.
• Help build database and reporting infrastructure to support the Major League advance report and coaching staff needs.
• Conduct research projects for the Baseball Operations group.
• Opportunities for other ad-hoc contributions to the advance scouting process.
• Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field of study preferred.
• Strong foundation in the application of statistical concepts to baseball data and the translation of data into actionable baseball recommendations.
• Advanced-level capabilities in R or Python.
• Proficiency in or clear ability to learn SQL.
• Preferred: Web development experience.
• Preferred: Demonstrable independent baseball research.
• Preferred: Demonstrable experience creating effective data visualizations.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Ability to frequently sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to occasionally work in inclement weather (when in stadium)
• Ability to traverse from office to stadium frequently
• Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Please note that any job offer is contingent upon your providing verification that you have been fully vaccinated (at least 14 days have passed since receiving final dose of vaccine) against COVID-19. Job offers will be withdrawn (regardless of whether you have already signed) if this condition is not satisfied. Unless and until this step has been completed, you should not resign your current employment, otherwise alter your employment status, or alter any personal circumstances in reliance on a conditional offer. Angels Baseball is committed to providing equal opportunity, and does not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. If there is a medical or religious reason you believe you cannot comply with this requirement, please discuss with Human Resources during your interview process.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.