Local HeroSanta Monica, CA
Mid/Senior Level Compositors
Local Hero is a Post-production, VFX and DI/Final Color company located in Santa Monica, CA. We are currently looking for Freelance Mid- and Senior-level After Effects and Nuke compositors for an upcoming project, with an opportunity for longer-term employment upon completion of the project.
Qualified candidates must be capable of completing photo-realistic 2D composites at a feature film level and must work well in a fast-paced team environment. You must be immediately available and able to work at our Santa Monica office (no remote work). Must have a flexible schedule, especially around deadlines.
- Seamlessly composite 2D and live action elements in a photo-realistic environment at a feature film quality level
- General compositing responsibilities, including keying, tracking, paint/clean-up, color grading, rotoscoping, look development and shot finaling
- Determining shot methodology and coming up with creative approaches to artistic and technical problems
- Taking both verbal and written direction from VFX Supervisor and Producers and finalizing shots at the required level of quality
- Communicating with VFX Supervisor and other team members in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- 3+ years experience in feature film and/or high-end television visual effects and post production.
- Proficiency in Nuke and/or After Effects, including compositing, tracking, keying, paint and rotoscoping.
- Ability to create seamless, photo-realistic composites with various 2D elements and live-action plates.
- Firm understanding of color space and LUTs
- Strong eye for detail, color and composition.
- Experience and understanding of feature film post-production pipelines
- Must be a team player with good communication skills
- Must have thorough knowledge of various digital imaging file and data formats.
- Ability to see detailed imaging issues or technical problems.
- Ability to take direction, notes and critiques from VFX Supervisors and Producers
- Ability to take a shot to final completion, either alone or with the team
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve and come up with creative solutions
- A ''can-do'' attitude and willingness to exceed expectations
- Adaptable to change, reliable and dependable.
- Resourceful and flexible with sound judgment and integrity.
- Must be available to work in our Santa Monica office and have a flexible schedule (No remote work).
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Fusion, Mocha, PFTrack
- Understanding/experience in Nuke 3D environment and projection mapping
- Experience with multi-pass 3D renders and photo-realistic integration of rendered 3D elements
- Experience in Maya or similar 3D packages
- Experience with particle systems & FX simulations (fluids, fire, smoke, etc.)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and editing packages (AVID, Final Cut, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience/Familiarity with DaVinci Resolve or Assimilate Scratch
- Strong eye for color and understanding of color theory
- Knowledge of film and color science.
Please email resumes, cover letters and links to demo reels
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online