LMA IncNew York, NY
Part Time Job
Lma, a like-minded agency, is a bi-coastal boutique Pr & Event Marketing agency specializing in the lifestyle and entertainment space. We are seeking a self-motivated and hardworking Pr Assistant to join our growing company. The Pr Assistant position is responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks, media monitoring & reporting, compiling media lists, managing editorial calendars, pitching long and short-lead media, creating Pr & Events recaps, brand audits, etc. The position is part-time for the duration of 2019 with the ability to become full-time in 2020.
The Pr Assistant will report to two principal executives based in New York and Los Angeles, and will need to manage multiple tasks across multiple brands. Must have PR Agency and pitching experience.
May be based in Los Angeles or New York.
• Responsible for day-to-day Pr & Events administrative tasks, media coverage tracking and clipping, weekly media coverage reports, creation of various reports for clients, etc.
• Researches, compiles and continuously updates media lists in a variety of categories (food & beverage, wine, travel, entertainment)
• Proactively pitches long-lead and short-lead media for press coverage for clients
• Assists in research and writing media & Pr materials
• Assists in Event planning logistics, interfacing with vendors and clients as needed (product orders, etc.)
• Administrative duties as needed (Fedex, Mailings, etc.)
• Interfacing with clients as needed
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Communications, Public Relations and/or Events
• 1-2 years of Pr work experience, ideally with a brand and/or agency
• A highly motivated, detail-oriented self-starter capable of working in a fast-paced environment with a great deal of autonomy
• Has experience pitching long-lead/short-lead lifestyle, F&B, entertainment media
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Must be organized with attention to detail and deadlines, and ability to balance/prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
• Competent knowledge of all MS Office programs, Cision, media monitoring services and clipping, IMDB Pro, major social media platforms, etc.
• Hard-working, highly-organized, energetic and positive, works well and calmly under pressure
*Please include cover letter and editorial coverage examples.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online