This was removed by the employer on 2/21/2024 10:35:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Warehouse Manager jobs in Orlando-FL
Search all Warehouse Manager postings
Full Time Job
Insomniac - Orlando Warehouse Manager
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at all things management and supply chain management? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the warehouse management and development space. Is this you? Read on…
The Warehouse Manager will manage warehouse operations and staff. This position is responsible for safe storage of Insomniac's inventory of tools, festival supplies and scenic elements. The role requires the ability and willingness to work long hours to complete a physically demanding job. This is not a remote position.
PRODUCTIVITY AND LEADERSHIP
• Manage warehouse daily operations; identify and implement productive process improvement opportunities in operations, logistics and warehouse footprint.
• Develop measurements and monitor performance of warehouse in terms of inventory accuracy, shipment accuracy and delivery performance.
• Lead coach and develop/train employees to meet and exceed business goals and objectives.
• Ensure compliance with appropriate government regulations, company policies and compliance requirements.
• Primary contact between warehouse operation and other internal and external stakeholders communicating with vendors and company personnel to resolve problems and expedite deliveries when necessary.
• Evaluate shipping and delivery via common carriers; perform cost analyses and negotiate driving for shipping services and common carriers.
• Understand and exceed business requirements in cost, delivery, responsiveness and on- time/accuracy in delivery.
• Ensure proper training and education are within compliance for all warehouse staff.
• Ensure compliance and safety legislation and related company policy by ensuring proper training, maintaining warehouse vehicles and equipment, verifying employee driver's license and permits are current and maintained.
• Tracks all scenic pieces and organizes them throughout warehouse to ensure accurate accountability of inventory.
• Supervise and support annual physical inventory counting and recording.
• Implement business strategies set forth by senior management and participate in improving the business by administering and evaluating short- and long-term objectives for warehouse as well as offering potential alternatives to existing methods.
• Identify and report and quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required with internal and cross-functional teams.
• Deploy Lean methodology to simplify and improve operations; evaluate the effectiveness of efficiency of warehouse layouts, processes, procedures, and daily workflow.
• Develop, manage and execute work instructions, documentation and corrective action plans as part of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Manage all warehouse project activities and enhance operational performance efficiency: automation, implement process improvement techniques and expansion.
• Recruit, train, and onboard members on the team both directly and partnering teams.
• Some travel may be required (economy)
• Other special projects and initiatives as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience
• Warehouse operations in a military setting or experience with organizing and shipping large unique inventory.
• 5+ years of operations, logistics, and/or supply chain experience required.
• 3+ years people management experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in business, operations management, or similar field or equivalent experience preferred.
• Music festival production and/or scenic build management experience is highly desirable.
• Strong knowledge of inventory management systems, safety, and OSHA is required.
• Forklift certification and knowledge is preferred.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments.
• May work in drastic temperature climates.
• Must be willing to work and travel to events during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physicaldisability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.