Talent Buyer, Concerts
Full Time Job
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at producing events? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of Bass Music. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac is looking for a Talent Buyer to book concerts. The Talent Buyer will be in charge of booking concerts + more. This position will report to the Senior Director of Concerts. This is not a remote position.
• Support Sr. Director, Concerts on concert bookings
• Develop, lead and implement overall concerts strategy, talent buying, planning and management
• Day-to-day administrative tasks including but not limited to; booking shows, approving contracts, relaying information to internal and external teams
• Create and execute annual business plan for events, ensuring we hit targeted goals
• Develop new and maintain current promotional domestic partnerships
• Establish, maintain and grow relationships with artists, agents and their managers on creating any new hard ticket or touring opportunities
• Ensure that flow of venue and promoter information gets to all project partners orderly and timely fashion
• Produce event budgets and forecasts for concert booking while ensuring all plans are designed and implemented within budget and aligned to the strategic plan and business objectives
• Develop and execute any new concerts and touring ideas - strategically place each of the new and existing brands in select markets
• Partner with concert production and finance lead to create budget plans and close out shows timely and accurately
• Negotiate all contractual agreements with artists when formulating deals
• Other ad hoc projects as assigned on a regular or occasional basis
• Bachelors degree or related experience in entertainment
• 4+ years of experience talent buying and/or promoting an eclectic mix of genres and artists in the music industry
• Proven ability to negotiate contracts with artists, managing budgets and forecasting projections of events booked
• Proven ability to lead teams for planning and building large-scale events or music festivals
• Proficient technical skills in Microsoft Office and database management systems
• Proficiency in spreadsheet management and data entry
• Must be motivated with an ''Everything is possible'' attitude
• Must be an active problem solver, instilled with a sense of urgency for projects large and small
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently travel to work events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$80,000.00 USD - $100,000.00 USD
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
$80,000.00 - 100,000.00 per year