This was removed by the employer on 1/5/2024 10:35:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Sustainability Coordinator jobs in George-WA
Search all Sustainability Coordinator postings
Part Time Job
Sustainability Coordinator - The Gorge Amphitheater
The Gorge is seeking a Venue Sustainability Coordinator to help us take our sustainability programs to the next level. This role will provide administrative and executional support to drive effective and successful implementation of venue sustainability programs. This position will operate under the guidance of Live Nation's national Sustainability Team but will report directly to the Venue Operations Manager and be part of the venue operations team. This is a seasonal, part-time position, working an average of 30 hours per week. Hours per week will vary depending on show schedule and business needs at the time.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Training & Engagement:
• Participate in pre-season orientation with Live Nation's national Sustainability Team
• Participate and help lead pre-season venue training sessions relevant to sustainability
• Work with venue leaders to relay pertinent day of show information during pre-shift meetings
• Work with departments such as concessions, backstage/production, and cleaning/maintenance to incorporate sustainability into their operations
• Collaborate with the Marketing Lead to regularly share venue sustainability updates on all social channels
• Work with the Experience Manager to identify and reward Band Members for going above the norm in their contributions to venue zero waste goals
• Continuously seek out opportunities that help build enthusiasm and participation for venue sustainability efforts
• Provide regular updates to entire venue staff to share progress, recognize employees, and identify areas of improvement
• Zero Waste Planning & Execution:
• Oversee and assist the post-show sorting process of all recycling, composting, and landfill materials which will take place in an outdoor covered area
• Work with venue leaders to design a comprehensive zero waste plan for your venue and assist specific departments with their diversion efforts
• Be present on show days to manage and ensure compliance and quality control of zero waste plan
• Use event day checklist to assess readiness for show and adjust as necessary
• Identify key opportunities to improve diversion efforts throughout the season
• Reporting and Data Collection:
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Box programs to track and report on key program metrics
• Use metrics to create engaging venue reports that can be shared venue-wide
• Complete the Venue Audit assessment
• Participate in weekly progress calls with National Sustainability Team
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Position on show days requires about 90% of the time spent walking, bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and carrying 50 lbs+ with about 50% of that time spent helping/overseeing the sort of materials
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• At least 1 year in a leadership position in one of the following: operations/event coordination, Guest Services and communications, event or campus sustainability/zero waste events
• Creative thinker and problem solver
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
• A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
• Time management and the ability to excel in an unstructured environment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
The expected compensation for this position in Washington is:
$15.74 USD - $18.50 Hourly
** Please note that the