Seasonal Visual Communication Production Coordinator
Part Time Job
Insomniac - 2023 Seasonal Visual Communication Production Coordinator
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at production coordinating and administrative tasks? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of helping others. Is this you? Read on…
The Visual Communication Production Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the success of event productions by coordinating the technical, administrative and personnel aspects of the Visual Communication department while supporting and coordinating with the Production/Project Managers.
• Assist Production personnel with job functions as needed
• Create and maintain inventory and maintenance log
• Partner with the project manager and director scheduling appropriate number of staff while maintaining labor costs within the assigned budgetary guidelines
• Maintain regular communication with Production/Project manager
• Facilitate proper company and interdepartmental communication
• Advance credentials, equipment, site needs and travel details for shows
• Attend production and operations meetings as outlined by the Production/Project Manager and/or head of the department
• Maintain a detailed and thorough filing system and database management
• Maintain accurate vendor records and staying up to date on department expenses
• Ensure that working conditions are safe and that employees are following company safety procedures
• Safely operate various types of utility vehicles
• Follow all safety, corporate and department policies
• Assist with all seasonal employees fairly, maintaining a professional and supportive work environment while following up on work assignments given to crew
• Research and secure sources for new projects
• Bachelors degree or trade school accreditation in related field is preferred
• 2+ years festival and concert tour experience
• Proven ability to remain calm and professional in all situations
• Thorough understanding various aspects of festival production
• Valid and current driver license, U.S. Passport, and credit card for hotel incidentals
• Working knowledge of web and mobile technologies, rich media, social and technical platforms
• Proficient in MAC/PC
• Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to make clear and concise decisions; sometimes with limited information
• Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills
• Position requires constant walking, climbing stairs and lifting up to 75lbs
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with technical, non-technical and executive audiences
• Proven ability to project a professional image by working steadily, being a team player and being responsible for personal actions
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours and travel to events, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Hiring Salary Range: $20.00-$24.00 USD
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Insomniac takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.