Marketing & Content Coordinator
Full Time Job
Insomniac - Marketing & Content Coordinator
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you have a passion for music discovery and record labels? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies a passion for dance culture and a love of artist discovery. Is this you? Read on…
The Insomniac Music Group is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing & Content Coordinator to join the team. This position reports to the Marketing Manager and Promo Manager. This is not a remote position and is required to work in the Calabasas, CA office.
• Create, edit, publish, and share regular content (videos, photos, graphics) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
• Build and execute social media content and strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
• Write copy for social media posts across Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, Facebook, YouTube Shorts, Threads for multiple labels.
• Stay ahead of social media trends and instinctively take timely action upon them.
• Submit monthly reports of performance, engagement and any insights gained and information to report to Marketing lead.
• Familiarity with posting on Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, Facebook, and YouTube/YouTube Shorts.
• Be familiar with Photoshop, Canva, and CapCut.
• Assist label team on additional marketing + social needs.
• Organizing and executing content shoots for label & artist promotion.
• Updating brand decks for multiple labels.
• Project management for 3rd party design contractors.
• Administrative tasks including (but not limited to): scheduling internal and external meetings, handling multiple executive's calendars, circulating recap notes post-meeting, etc.
• Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, Media, or related field
• 2+ years' experience in music industry
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Proficient understanding of content management systems and online storage spaces like Dropbox and Google Doc
• Basic HTML, photography, audio and video editing skills preferred
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels and busy environments
• Must be willing to travel to work and travel to events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines and work events
• Must be comfortable operating across multiple time zones.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.