Festival Marketing Director
LiveNationBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
LN Concerts, Festival Marketing Director - Comedy
The Director of Festival Marketing, Comedy will be a critical part of the Comedy Tour Marketing team, leading marketing efforts for the 2024 Netflix is a Joke (NIAJ) comedy festival. Beginning in September 2023, this 10-month temporary position will be in charge of developing and executing marketing plans and tactics aimed at amplifying festival visibility, fostering fan engagement, and driving ticket sales. Acting as a strategic partner to Netflix, this role will also develop strong internal and external relationships while delivering the highest level of client services and results.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Lead marketing for the 2024 Netflix is a Joke (NIAJ) comedy festival, acting as the primary marketing liaison with Netflix and NIAJ marketing teams
• Steer the internal marketing teams (NIAJ, Comedy Tour Marketing, and Regional Marketing) as it relates to the festival and facilitate cross-functional collaboration to successfully execute integrated marketing campaigns
• Build and execute a strategic marketing plan for the entire lifecycle of the festival to meet business, marketing, and media objectives
• Enhance visibility for the festival as a whole both nationally and locally, while also ensuring individual shows/events are promoted to relevant audiences, maximizing awareness and ticket sales
• Develop the overall process for collecting a high volume of artist assets for all festival shows
• Orchestrate the process for all source of truth documents as it pertains to festival and artist assets
• Mange the planning of show specific digital media campaigns across multiple platforms
• Develop social media campaigns and promotions to drive ticket sales, festival awareness and fan engagement
• Coordinate unique and custom email campaigns to drive festival ticket sales
• Manage the Regional Marketing Manager, Comedy to ensure the timely development of festival assets including radio spots, TV spots, video ads, static banners, social content, etc.
• Collaborate across teams to successfully execute marketing campaigns inclusive of, but not limited to, advertising, promotions, media events, PR, and content creation
• Oversee marketing budget for overall festival spend and independent show budgets
• Communicate with artist representatives on marketing plans and approvals as needed
• Lead and set internal and NIAJ team marketing meetings as appropriate or requested
• Work with internal stakeholders to develop post festival marketing analytics and recap reports
• Manage two or more employees within the NIAJ marketing team
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• 7-10 years marketing experience preferably in related field such as music, entertainment, or media; festival and/or comedy marketing experience a plus
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing direct reports
• Proven track record of leading large scale marketing efforts and achieving business goals
• Ability to clearly communicate strategic initiatives and navigate complex situations under pressure
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to professionally present marketing concepts and strategies to artist management and partners
• Proven track record of outstanding client relationships
• Self-starter who works well in a team environment
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to adapt, communicate and manage processes in a fast-paced environment.
• Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
• Ability to recognize and define problems, collect information, establish facts, and implement innovative solutions
• Ability to learn and efficiently use project management software/tools
• Experience with digital asset management systems and workflows
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office and strong G-Suite knowledge
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It's talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accomm
$112,000.00 - 140,000.00 per year