Countdown Nye Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist
LiveNationSan Bernardino, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/30/2023 6:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Countdown Nye Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist jobs in San Bernardino-CA
Search all Countdown Nye Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist postings
Part Time Job
Insomniac - Countdown NYE 2023 Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at costume or character styles? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of the event operations space. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac Events is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Entertainment Wardrobe Specialist to join our Entertainment team. This position reports to the Entertainment Director.
• Prepare & organize the wardrobe area for efficiency & speed.
• Assign, document, & recollect wardrobe items of an approved design to entertainers at the wardrobe check in & out at events.
• Work closely with a variety of performers in the distribution & styling of costume elements, props, footwear & accessories during show run, rehearsals, preparation, and show changes.
• Fit performers to costume sizing that is suited best for body shape & size.
• Provide feedback on all personal appearances and recommend grooming changes if required.
• Ensure the quality & final product of each look before deployment on the event grounds by utilizing the 8-point checklist in the wardrobe outline.
• Assist fellow team members with quick changes in both set-up and run of show.
• Perform other tasks and carry out projects as assigned by the lead wardrobe supervisor or director.
• Repair, clean, and prep wardrobe for the run of the show.
• Make alternations, adjustments, or mend wardrobe items when approved according to needs for all shows.
• Maintain ongoing maintenance of costumes, footwear, props, or accessories etc.
• Always maintain a safe working environment, conforming to all established safety policies and procedures.
• Maintain documentation for maintenance and participate in rotation of duties as directed.
• Proper clean up, repack, & storage of all wardrobe & related items at the end of each show.
• Fast pace – must be able to move quickly & efficiently in high volume to make show launch times.
• Attention to Detail - being careful about detail and quality of end product.
• Cooperation - being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
• Teamwork – working well with others in a team atmosphere.
• Time Management - managing one's own time and the time of others.
• Initiative - a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Stress Tolerance - accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations. Keeping emotions in check and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
• Independence - guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
• Dependability - being reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Diploma in fashion, textiles, costuming, production arts, or at least 3 years of relevant experience in all aspects of wardrobe, costuming, or styling.
• Practical skills in hand and machine sewing.
• Able to style & recreate a look from a photo/ description in a clear and defined manner.
• Hands on knowledge of how to repair costuming, accessories, & footwear.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Knowledge of live entertainment and Insomniac brands/shows.
• Experience in entertainment, theater, theme park, & or live events is a plus.
• Some travel may be requested.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing to frequently travel to work events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Hiring Salary Range: $16.00-$32.00 USD
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Insomniac takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$15.50 USD Hourly
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.