A&R, Studio Coordinator
Full Time Job
Insomniac - A&R, Studio Coordinator
WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you have a passion for music discovery and studio support? Then you're in luck! We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies a passion for dance culture and a love of artist discovery. Is this you? Read on…
The A&R Studio Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and reviewing IMG's inbound demo submissions and music releases. The individual will facilitate in-house studio sessions with IMG artists and producers. This position reports into the Publishing Manager, Operations Manager, and Director of IMG. This is a not a remote position and will be required to be onsite in office.
• Direct report to Sr. Operations Manager, Publishing Manager, and Director of IMG
• Managing all demo submissions across all labels & flagging priority submissions
• Researching new performers, writers, and vocalists for consideration
• Sourcing relevant artist information & presenting new artists to team
• Organizing listening sessions, tracking feedback and actioning internally
• Communicating with managers, agents, and clients about demo statuses
• Ensuring the fulfillment of all current & ongoing artist commitments
• Coordinating & scheduling writing & production sessions
• Assisting with IMG release schedules and set-up of new releases across various labels
• Coordinating team calendars for for artist, client, and partner meetings
• Researching editorial music trends across various DSP platforms
• Assisting with maintenance of rights catalogs & ensuring timely registrations
• 2+ years of experience working in label or related Entertainment Industry experience
• Trained ear for Electronic Dance Music a must and extensive knowledge of subjects relevant to specific sub-genres
• Keen ability to work on a variety of projects at various stages and scopes
• Ability to generate original ideas, and to think creatively about how to communicate them to audiences
• General knowledge of how a label works and operates
• Basic music production related knowledge and experience in recording sessions
• Proficient uses of variety of catalogue + A&R management tools
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects
• Excellent communication skills: both in person and digital and online platforms
• Demonstrated experience managing time, cost, risk, quality, resources, assets, and changing requirements
• Proficiency in MAC/PC
• Well versed in Microsoft Office Suite and Google docs
• Basic understanding in project management tools (i.e., MS Project, JIRA, Basecamp)
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels and busy environments
• Must be willing to travel to work and travel to events during holidays, evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines and work events
• Must be comfortable operating across multiple time zones.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Insomniac strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.