Music Graphic Design Manager
Live Nation EntertainmentHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Live Nation Merchandise is seeking an ambitious and talented Creative Services Manager to join their team of music merch masterminds. This position will manage multiple design projects for artists, bands and brands spanning tour, retail, web, VIP, and licensing. The ideal candidate is strategic, thoughtful and hyper-organized. With a background in graphic design, they have a passion for music, culture, design and fashion. He/she thrives in a collaborative environment and is able to step up and lead as needed. This person has great ideas and the drive to make them happen. His/her taste level and communication skills are second to none. Dynamic, smart and fast moving, the Creative Services Manager is ready to be challenged and inspired every day.
The Creative Services Manager's duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- RESEARCH: Thoroughly research client history, current events and industry trends prior to starting each project, in order to provide insightful design direction.
- IDEATE: Develop concepts and ideas for product lines and new projects in collaboration with the SVP and ED of Creative.
- INSPIRE: Support, mentor and inspire the in-house design team with thoughtful feedback, enthusiasm and great ideas.
- COMMUNICATE: Efficiently communicate at all times. Put together thorough briefs to communicate project requirements and deadlines to designers, both in-house and freelance. Participate in interdepartmental meetings and manage expectations and deliverables for A&R reps. Work with VP of Creative Operations to schedule design time within the department. Brainstorm and interpret creative direction from SVP and ED of Creative.
- DESIGN: Participate in a range of design projects. Produce unique graphic artwork, including typographic design, illustration, photography or collage. Tailor art to individual client needs for apparel, accessories, signage and online. Mock up freelance supplied art onto appropriate body styles, editing art, colors and blank styles as necessary to create cohesive product mixes.
- MANAGE: Manage all stages of the design process, checking in with the team and following up with other departments as needed in order to consistently meet deadlines. Gather assets and templates to ensure all artwork adheres to the project request parameters. Adhere to the project budget and manage billing and purchase orders for externally sourced artwork.
- JUGGLE: Switch gears and multi-task to handle multiple projects with constantly evolving deadlines. Effective time management skills are a must.
- PROOF: Review all projects thoroughly to make sure all aspects of each brief have been addressed, all artwork is original and suitable for the artist/brand, and all grammar and design details are correct. Quality control is the highest priority.
- Minimum 5 years working within a design department or other creative team environment.
- BA or AA in Graphic Arts or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Proficient knowledge of MAC OS and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Impressive portfolio of graphic design work within the fashion or music industry.
- Genuine interest in fashion trends and strong knowledge screen-printing techniques.
- Commitment to quality, design integrity and innovation.
- Knowledge and understanding of various music genres and artist brands.
- Ability to adjust priorities and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Capacity to take direction and embrace constructive criticism.
- Ability to collaborate in a team atmosphere.
- Passion for music, art and the entertainment industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online