Live Event Drive-In Crew
Light ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Part Time Job
Live Event Drive-In Crew Projection Team
We seek upbeat physical production assistance for outdoor pop-up drive in in Santa Monica. We form a unified team and welcome members with can-do attitudes and who understand they must arrive on time and be ready to work. Depending on LA lockdown orders, this pop-up Drive-in gig could last over 90 days.
We aim to hire a team of ten experienced and happy people who enjoy working as a team and who understand we all row the boat. You will be setting up and striking a blow up 40 foot movie screen for each daily event, five nights per week. We also will identify team captains who enjoy leading and inspiring teams.
We expect to keep team members from 5 to 7 hours / day but these hours are fluid depending on attendee numbers...and subsequent work load Therefore, some production assistants will experience staggered arrivals and departures.
Prefer experienced crew in physical set work (though we won't be filming-we'll be showing films). We also welcome hospitality workers who understand the value of service. We will be working on walkie talkies as we will maintain distance. This gear will be frequently sanitized. Those interacting in close proximity with our guests, in addition to wearing a face mask and face shield and mask we will wear gloves.
This outdoor activity will involve mandatory mask compliance and social distancing rules to keep everyone healthy. Tasks include some office pa (virtual) but mostly crew to organize the space to welcome eligible film award voters to watch films at our pop-up drive in.
This is a professional, drug-free crew. We also will be strictly enforcing CDC protocols and our assistants will also help other staff and guests maintain safety measures when outside their vehicle (using the restroom which will be maintained by a professional cleaning crew).
As an experience SET P.A. unexpected duties may arise and you will welcome the opportunity to problem solve as a valued team member.
We pay DOE hourly wages at the end of each week via ZELLE or PAYPAL. You will receive 1099 forms and as freelancers you will be responsible for tax compliance.
While our event space is a novel, fun environment that screens awards eligible movies, our events highly structured with fixed, hard daily deadlines, so you must thrive under pressure.
We treat everybody with dignity and respect and so expect all team members to be courteous and professional at all times.
We also seek experienced DCP projection teams (Understand how to operate our gear: a DCI-Compliant Barco DP100 4K DLP, 30,000 lumen projector w/ an IMS or a GDC 2000 server)
• The screen is 40' wide by 20' high on an inflatable frame.
• The stereo audio is delivered to each vehicle via a FM transmitter: a 1W PCS Nano RDS/DSP transmission
• DCI-Compliant Barco DP100 4K DLP, 30,000 lumen projector w/ an IMS or a GDC 2000 server.
About our new POP-UP DRIVE-IN SPACE
* Enclosed and Secure Parking Lot w/ Space for 75+ Cars
* Will be screening to invited guests (not open to the public) - who are all entertainment industry film award voters
* Event Footprint Set Up and Removed for Each Screening Date
• Convenient Location off 10 Freeway in Santa Monica
• May also delivery gratis Movie Concessions to each Vehicle
• State of the Art Projection Technology & Sound
• Seasoned Event & Theater Professionals As our film studio hosts expect our team to follow celebrity event protocols
• May put up and manage a Socially Distanced Press Wall/Step & Repeat & Q&A for select film hosts
• Onsite Staffed Restroom Facilities
• Compost & Recyclable Waste Management
• COVID Compliant Cleaning & Safety Measures
Light Productions has produced Los Angeles and NYC entertainment shows and events for 3 decades. Our guests are high-level entertainment industry professionals who expect our events to be timely and flawless...the bar is high!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online