Technical Workflow Supervisor
Light IronHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Technical Workflow Supervisor will work in tandem with the New York and Los Angeles Production, Global Dailies, Panavision, and Engineering teams as the technical process lead in an effort to help streamline and create new Light Iron processes and practices. This role will investigate pain points and gaps in workflow and assist the given departments to resolve them in the company's best interest. This person will approach projects set forth by the VP of Operations and work with necessary departments across the company on innovative efficiencies and solutions to complex workflow problems. The role will also help departments with ad hoc, specialty solutions for particular projects on an as-needed basis. Furthermore, this person will be instrumental in documenting workflows for internal team and external clients' use. Lastly, the Technical Workflow Supervisor will work alongside Production and Dailies Operations on assigned aspects of long term projects to ensure the company remains agile and ahead of the technological curve in an effort to perpetuate the Light Iron core value of innovation.
- Receive and assess requests for workflow solutions from team members and communicate these to Production management and Dailies Operations as well as Panavision team members where appropriate.
- Proactively identify workflow deficiencies and work with necessary departments to resolve them.
- Maintain and track implemented workflow solutions within the company for efficiency and efficacy.
- Document and communicate regularly with all Light Iron & Panavision offices in an effort to disseminate and foster a cohesive corporate entity.
- Meet with clients during camera tests to advise on acquisition through the post production process.
- Participate in all Dailies and DI workflow calls to advise on larger workflow questions to meet the needs of each client.
- Educate project team members on developed workflow, technology, and processes.
- Work with staff and clients on technical aspects of workflow solutions for unique projects.
- Collaborate with Production teams of all Light Iron locations specifically regarding remote setups and project sharing.
- Support both in-house and remote teams on workflow-specific issues on active projects to help advise on next steps.
- Interface directly with current and potential vendors, as well as other members of the Panavision family, to make sure Light Iron is leveraging products in the most effective way possible, including working with them to implement needed updates.
- Regularly research and test new technologies and processes.
- Allocate time for off-site training (ie. color science, LUT creation, etc.)
- Work to ensure seamless workflow and interfacing from vault to dailies to DI and all departments in-between.
- 5+ years post production industry experience and deep knowledge of related file-based workflows including 4K, UHD and HDR working practices.
- Experienced background with digital cinema cameras and their production and post-production workflows including DXL, RED, ARRI, SONY, and others.
- Thorough understanding of digital cinema post-production workflows and tools including Blackmagic Resolve, Filmlight Baselight, ColorFront, Apple, AVID, and others.
- Working knowledge of digital cinema data management and archive workflows and tools including YoYotta, MediaShuttle, Aspera, Netflix Content Hub, AWS, and others
- Understanding of computer networking environments.
- Experience in Mac, Windows, and Linux environments, with a strength in programming and scripting languages (Python, BASH, PHP, etc).
- Strong research skills in an effort to assess current and emerging technologies.
- Attention to detail, ability to problem-solve and multitask.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, scaling and deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Travel: Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online