Dailies Remote Systems Tech
Light IronHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Remote Systems Technician (Tier 1) is responsible for assisting in the management of Light Iron's Dailies inventory, including both in-house and rentable assets. They will also be responsible for assisting in building, maintaining and ensuring client support of remote systems. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent people skills and attention to detail. They must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently, and be flexible to quickly switch priorities as needed.
- Assist in building, Installing and maintaining as well as troubleshooting all software and hardware for remote dailies systems
- Basic hardware and software installations and support include, but are not limited to Mac, Windows, Linux, Avid, Final Cut Pro, Colorfront OSD/EXD, Davinci Resolve, Flame, Baselight, Adobe, etc.
- Preparation and shipping for both full dailies kits and individual machines as needed via facility request
- Record new asset purchases in inventory system
- Ensure equipment is properly assigned, booked, prepped and dispatched in inventory system
- Book inventory into service when damaged to manage and track RMAs or internal repairs
- Help to track and manage software licenses & support contracts
- At least 1 year experience working in the Film and television industry, ideally Post Production, preferred
- Understanding of digital cinema cameras (e.g., DXL, ARRI, RED, Panasonic) and their related workflows
- Experience with edit platforms (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere)
- Knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to travel and work flexible shifts (OT, extended hours, and weekend work required on occasion)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
It is the policy of Panavision to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable State and Federal law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online