Dailies Production Coordinator/ Evening
Light IronLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Provide support for the dailies team during off-hours and ensure a smooth transition into the evening dailies shift in the Los Angeles location as well as remote help if needed with other dailies locations/ cities. Interact with clients and operators to ensure realistic expectations and satisfaction. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent people skills and attention to detail. The successful candidate must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently and be flexible to quickly switch priorities as needed.
- Interact and collaborate with client editorial and production teams, acting as the LI dailies team's point of contact during off-hours
- Coordinate after-hours media drop-offs and pick-ups and start transfers for Dailies Operators
- Assist with creation of workflow documentation per specifications provided by Dailies Producer
- Assist with work-order creation and billing for dailies work
- Schedule and participate in workflow calls and pre-production workflow meetings
- Communicate details of each shift to the dailies teams ensuring seamless handoffs
- General knowledge of digital cinema cameras (e.g., DXL, ARRI Alexa, Panasonic Varicam) and their workflows
- General knowledge of transcoding software (e.g., Colorfront, Resolve, RedCine-X, Compressor)
- General knowledge of edit platforms (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-based environment
- Proven customer-service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Ability to work flexible shifts (OT, extended hours, and weekend work will be required on occasion)
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position works a swing shift (5pm - 2am) and may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
It is the policy of Panavision to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable State and Federal law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online