Light IronNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Assist with the process of client media according to specifications provided by Dailies Producer
• Ingest, Transcode, sync sound, back-up, archive, and facilitate uploads
• Report/track bugs and crashes of software/hardware
• Assist Dailies Operator as required
• Test new software and hardware
• All other duties as assigned
• Willingness to travel (possibly for extended periods)
• Experience with digital cinema cameras (e.g., ARRI Alexa, RED Dragon, Panasonic VariCam) and their related workflows
• Experience with transcoding software
• Experience with edit platforms (e.g., Avid Media Composer, Apple Final Cut Pro X, Adobe Premiere)
• Strong knowledge of both Mac and Windows operating systems
• General computer networking experience
• Willingness to acquire new skills as technology and/or workflow evolve
• Solid Customer Service skills
• Knowledge of production set etiquette
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Knowledge of post production workflows
• Experience using Colorfront Express Dailies
• Sound syncing experience
• One-light color correction experience
• LTO archiving experience
• Scripting language capabilities (Apple script, Python)
• Willingness to work night shifts as required
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position begins in the afternoon and into the evening hour based on client project demands, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
It is the policy of Panavision to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable State and Federal law.
Please submit in PDF form, no drop offs or phone calls please.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online