Liberman Broadcasting LLCIrving, TX
Full Time Job
Television Weather Anchor
The Weather Anchor is responsible for anchoring, reporting and covering weather related breaking news. Must attend editorial meetings and participate in newscast production. Will be required to maintain social media presence and be aggressive on updating our website. The weather anchor is required to participate in community functions for the benefit of the station.
• Anchor and produce weather segments for newscasts, either in studio or on location in a manner that engages the audience.
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Participate in information gathering process, writing of scripts and the editing of video used in weather segments.
• Collaborate with producers, associate producers, and other Anchors to develop innovative and creative ways of presenting weather stories, with an emphasis on accuracy.
• Promote the local TV Station, and the Company, in various community, network and station events and activities, as requested by the Company.
• Ability to understand and interpret data from the National Weather Service, as well as other meteorological and weather systems.
• Basic Knowledge of the operation of the Accuweather system, .
• Experience reporting on severe weather conditions (e.g., thunderstorms, flooding, hurricanes).
• Experience with weather and computer graphics.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment, usually with tight and changing deadlines.
• Bilingual: Fluency in written & spoken English/Spanish is mandatory.
• Previous on-camera work in weather reporting or a related field (broadcast or web video production) preferred.
• Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, TX
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
• Must possess valid CA Driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States, which owns TV and radio stations operating in top Hispanic markets throughout the country; parent company of the Estrella TV Network, one of the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are currently looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online