Liberman Broadcasting INC.Dallas, TX
Full Time Job
TV News Reporter
The successful candidates will be enterprising journalists, and strong writers. Candidates should have experience in generating their own stories and delivering the news with engaging on-camera presence. Must have a solid understanding of issues affecting the local Hispanic market.
- Cover news stories as assigned, and report the facts on newscasts, recorded programs and during live broadcasts, either in studio or on location.
- Present information on air in Dallas and other Estrella TV markets in a manner that connects with the audience.
- Collaborate with producers, associate producers, and other personnel to generate interesting and compelling news topics.
- Participate in information gathering, writing scripts, and lead-ins.
- Edit or supervise the editing of video used in news stories and programs.
- Promote the Network, and the Company in community, network and station events and activities as requested by the Company.
- Conduct studio, on-air and/or telephone interviews with guest and viewers.
- Be able to write stories and upload videos for web content.
Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of current news events.
Ability to multi-task and work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
Knowledge of the Spanish language marketplace.
Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
Minimum 2 years previous on-air reporting experience.
Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- Must reside and be willing to work in any of these markets: Dallas, Houston, or Miami.
- Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must possess valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Must be 18 years or older.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States which owns TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, and is the parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the fastest growing television networks in the U.S. We are looking for talented and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online