Liberman Broadcasting INC.Dallas, TX
Full Time Job
TV News Anchor
We are LBI Media, Inc., the largest privately-held, minority-owned Spanish-language broadcaster in the United States with TV and radio stations operating in several top Hispanic markets, parent company of the Estrella TV Network, and the only US based Producer of Spanish-language programming. We are looking for high energy and passionate people who want to grow with us.
Based in Dallas, Texas, the candidates will anchor the noon and evening local news broadcasts for Estrella TV. The successful candidates will be multimedia pros who are also strong writers. Candidates should have experience in generating their own stories and delivering the news with engaging on-camera presence. Applicants must have a solid understanding of issues affecting the local Hispanic market in the United States.
• Evaluate and write news stories and report the facts on live newscasts, recorded programs either in studio or on location; determine most newsworthy and compelling stories.
• Present information in a manner that connects with the audience.
• Collaborate with all news personnel to generate interesting show topics that engage the interests of our viewers.
• Participate in information gathering, editing and writing scripts and all visual properties.
• Promote the Company in the community, station events and activities as requested by the Company.
• Conduct Studio, on air and/or telephone interviews with guest and viewers.
• Knowledge of and comfortable discussing current news events.
• Versed in editing, investigative reporting, and writing.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Spanish language marketplace.
• Fully bilingual: English/Spanish.
• Prior, related on-camera work in broadcast or web video production preferred.
• Minimum 5 years previous on-air reporting experience.
• Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Multimedia or Journalism degree preferred.
• Must be willing to work in Dallas, Texas.
• Must be willing to work long hours, holidays and weekends on short notice.
• Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment background investigation.
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Must possess valid TX driver's license and a good driving record.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to travel on short notice.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
LBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online