VP, Corporate Communications
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/12/2022 3:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for VP, Corporate Communications jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all VP, Corporate Communications postings
Full Time Job
Position Title: VP, Corporate Communications
Location: Burbank, CA (hybrid)
Reporting To: CEO
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office.
Legendary Entertainment is seeking a Vice President, Corporate Communications to support strategic communications activities for the company, including media relations, internal communications, executive communications, and strategic partnership PR. This role will work across the company’s business entities including film, television, comics, licensing as well as our subsidiaries (Nerdist and Legendary East).
• Play a critical role as part of the company’s communications mechanism by developing and implementing strategic communications plans.
• Act as a spokesperson for the company and actively lead corporate positioning, media pitching, and speaking engagements for leaders across the organization.
• Align across functions to lead corporate announcements and curate a wealth of opportunities to advance the company’s corporate narrative.
• Work collaboratively across disciplines and ability to communicate effectively to C-Suite level colleagues and upper management.
• Lead the crafting of clear corporate narratives while also maintaining a 360-degree view of company initiatives and can present examples of past success in a variety of areas from managing corporate events and preparing media briefings/talking points to advising on internal communications strategies or supporting crisis and issue management.
• Strong communicator who is highly organized and able to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
Experience & Skills
• 12 years of communications experience – in-house at a studio/entertainment company or agency with a primary focus on corporate and/or executive communications
• Proven track record to develop and deliver communications plans
• Media relations experience - you must have outstanding media relations skills and a wealth of industry-oriented contacts with a specific focus on trade publications and outlets
• Extensive knowledge of the competitive landscape in the entertainment industry and a historical understanding of its key players
• Experience working in both developing long lead stories with reporters and handling reactive, crisis-related inbound media requests
• Solid copywriting and editing skills
• Clear, concise thinking and sufficient confidence to deliver meaningful communications advice to senior leaders in a timely fashion
• Strong project management skills - must be able to fully manage multiple key deliverables at the same time, but also maintain a level of flexibility with shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong self-starter who is willing to make their mark in a fast-paced, results-oriented organization
• Collaborative team player with low ego and a clear willingness to jump in as needed on anything
• Ability to manage external agencies and guide efforts towards the company’s key strategic imperatives
• Ability to evaluate and enhance key corporate materials that reflect the company and its management, including bios, one-sheets, websites, boilerplates
Legendary Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Legendary Entertainment does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual oriented, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.