Social Media Manager
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Social Media Manager
Location: Burbank, CA (Hybrid)
Reporting to: SVP, Marketing & Digital Strategy
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand that consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office.
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for managing the brand’s presence across all digital touchpoints both consumer-facing and internal. Candidates must be fluent in strategies for top social platforms, with current knowledge of how to leverage each medium to best engage with our fandoms. This role will work with internal stakeholders to develop, maintain, and create content for a social editorial calendar in support of our film, TV, comics, consumer products, and corporate initiatives. This is a highly collaborative, and team-oriented role which requires working cross-functionally within the company and with external stakeholders. The role sits on the frontlines of our connection to our audience and requires a proactive, creative, and resourceful social expert with deep understanding of how audiences connect to content online.
• Play a key role in defining and executing a vision for how the Legendary brand represents on social, promoting the brand via our films, tv, comics, and consumer products.
• Be the champion of our audience: bring a deep understanding of what drives our fandoms and ensure that our editorial agenda serves our growing community.
• Create and maintain forward-looking content calendar working with internal team for all Legendary-operated social channels.
• Manage creation of content working with internal team.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to build custom social support around launches, including live event coverage on social, experiential/digital activations, and other forms of digital marketing.
• Work with distribution partners to support and amplify content releases.
• Develop and maintain internal and external-facing email newsletters.
• Construct and implement best in class community management strategies for our different fandoms.
• Oversee and contribute to copywriting efforts across our social platforms
• Deliver regular reporting which tracks audience growth and engagement, as well as internal reporting surrounding our key beats.
Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 5 years experience managing the social presence of a major entertainment brand or IP
• Extensive experience developing content for multiple social channels
• Ability to thrive and prioritize in fast-paced environment is a must.
• Familiarity with developing and launching email newsletters
• Experience building and launching digital marketing initiatives
• Nuanced understanding of the social media landscape, top platforms, and audience behaviors
• Keen curatorial eye for interesting, stand-out content online
• Hands-on experience in growing and maintaining an online community
• Experience in tracking, analyzing, and reporting on social performance, with improved growth and engagement in mind. Experience with search analytics and social listening.
• Experience with international social platforms (Weibo, WeChat, VK, etc) a plus
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office suite or products
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including copywriting
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Passion for film, TV/streaming, and all things digital
Legendary Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Legendary Entertainment does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual oriented, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.