Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Paralegal
Location: Burbank, CA
Reporting To: Chief Legal Officer (CLO)
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office. To learn more visit: www.legendary.com.
Legendary is looking for a Paralegal to join the Corporate Legal team. This role is responsible for providing admin and legal support to three attorneys. The ideal candidate is extraordinarily detail-oriented, sharp, quickly able to juggle multiple tasks, has strong written and verbal communication skills, and is a self-starter and dynamic team player.
• Maintain database, corporate minute books, records and other legal files.
• Draft resolutions and other corporate documents such as bylaws, operating agreements and written consents.
• Draft and file all formation, maintenance, merger, and dissolution documents for corporate entity structure.
• Maintain corporate structure chart.
• Draft and manage company confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
• Work with Tax department to maintain proper entity management for subsidiaries and joint ventures.
• Oversee maintenance of credit agreement and other corporate debt facilities.
• Prepare and maintain incentive plan documentation.
• Organize and maintain material corporate agreements.
• Draft correspondence and general corporate, securities and finance agreements.
• Draft various other form corporate and employment-related agreements.
• Prioritize and manage deadlines for multiple simultaneous contracts and projects.
• Route contracts for execution.
• Maintain billing for legal department.
• Assist with supervision and management of litigation and other actions (e.g., subpoena and discovery responses).
Experience & Skills
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in related field
• Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited school
• 2 - 3 years or more experience working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, preferably in a law firm, agency, studio or other professional services capacity. Experience in Legal or Entertainment a plus
• Motivated and ambitious self-starter who excels in a very fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize; demonstrated team player
• Strong computer, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to interface effectively with colleagues, management, and other third parties