Manager, TV Business & Legal Affairs
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2022 4:13:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, TV Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, TV Business & Legal Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Position Title: Manager, TV Business & Legal Affairs
Location: Burbank, CA
Reporting To: EVP and Head of TV Business & Legal Affairs
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office.
The Manager, TV Business & Legal Affairs will play a critical role in providing day-to-day legal affairs services across the Television department. This position will be expected to handle a heavy volume of responsibilities related to development, producing and licensing of scripted television content, both domestic and international.
• Review and comment on a variety of production agreements, location agreements, licensing and distribution agreements, and vendor agreements.
• Draft longform agreements for closed deals on domestic and international television projects (e.g., rights option-acquisition, pilot script development, non-writing producer, writing staff, actor and director, first-look/overall deals and co-production deals).
• Assist in responding to requests for information or advice from development, production, and finance.
• Monitor talent and third-party content credits and restrictions.
• Interact with labor unions and outside labor counsel regarding union and other labor issues and assist with drafting related paperwork. Advise on questions that arise under applicable union and guild collective bargaining agreements.
• Work on chain-of-title, trademark, and copyright matters, and coordinate with outside counsel in connection with same.
• Provide guidance to production counsel responsible for below-the-line contracts.
• Identify potential improvements to forms and processes and raise with the BA/Legal team to discuss implementation.
• Build and maintain relationships with attorneys, agents, business and legal affairs executives, and other representatives in the entertainment community.
Experience & Skills
• Juris Doctor Degree/Admission to California State Bar
• At least 2 years’ experience as an attorney in the entertainment practice of a law firm. One or more additional years working in the legal affairs department of an entertainment company preferred
• Some work on international television projects preferred
• Demonstrated ability to:
• Effectively negotiate and interact with agents, managers, outside attorneys, and business and legal affairs executives.
• Use strategic thinking to effectively advise senior management under time-sensitive conditions; and
• Operate autonomously and manage a varied, high-volume workload efficiently
• Working knowledge of television industry deal structures, major guild and union agreements, contingent compensation terms and relevant copyright/trademark laws
• Excellent drafting, negotiation, communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational and computer skills