Manager / Senior Manager, Accounting
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/6/2022 12:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Manager / Senior Manager, Accounting jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager / Senior Manager, Accounting postings
Full Time Job
Position Title: Manager/Senior Manager, Accounting
Location: Burbank, CA (hybrid)
Reporting To: Chief Accounting Officer
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office. To learn more visit: www.legendary.com.
Legendary is looking for a Manager/Senior Manager (depending on experience), Accounting to join the team. This role will work with the company’s finance and accounting team, film & TV business affairs, corporate legal, film finance team, TV finance team, digital networks division, and licensing/marketing department to ensure timely invoicing of the company’s receivables, tracking of related collection and associated revenue recognition. This position is also responsible for preparing summary reports for films where Legendary has sub-distribution rights. It is critical that this position is diligent in ensuring accuracy, and consistently employs financial controls.
• Participate in quarterly and annual financial close processes and related activities, to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with U.S. GAAP
• Analyze contracts to ensure that billing is accurate and complete and that revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP.
• Responsible for maintaining and enforcing the Company's revenue recognition policy
• Perform monthly account analyses including deferred revenue and unbilled revenue account reconciliations.
• Responsible for accounts receivable and collection functions/activities. Duties include reviewing contracts, generating invoices, and sending follow-up inquiries.
• Maintain accurate and auditable communication records.
• Process all credit memo requests and apply to customer accounts.
• Update/verify contract management information.
• Good knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Interact with other divisions/departments in a timely, courteous, and professional manner.
• Prepare summary reports for films where Legendary has sub-distribution rights.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Other duties as required.
Requirements and Experience
• Knowledge of revenue recognition criteria in accordance with GAAP with a minimum 3 years relevant experience
• Experience with revenue recognition under ASC 606
• Thorough hands-on, working knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and the ability to apply both in problem-solving.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Able to convey complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong computer skills including intermediate-level experience with Excel.
• Strong organization, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Possess strong customer service/support skills and demeanor.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
Legendary Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Legendary Entertainment does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual oriented, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.