Director, TV Production Finance
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Director, TV Production Finance
Location: Burbank (Hybrid)
Reporting To: Head of TV Production Finance
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office.
Legendary Entertainment is seeking a Director of Television Production Finance. This position reports to the Head of Television Production Finance and manages the financial and accounting processes for scripted and animated television programs.
• Responsible for overall financial show management and administration of scripted television production
• Manage freelance production accounting teams, ensuring that financial policies and procedures are adhered to, costs are accurately reported, and issues resolved
• Manage pre-production accounting including budgeting, show set-ups, tax incentive applications
• Manage production cash flows and funding requests, including tracking foreign currency hedge payments
• Handles banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations, and wire transfer payments
• Manage ATL payments, including creating payment schedules and analysis of payments for proper distribution
• Review and analyze production accounting ledgers, hot costs, cost reports, and trial balances
• Oversee the turnover of projects from Production, generate Cost Reports when needed, and work with team throughout Post to closing of shows.
• Prepare residual packages for setup.
• Review, print and distribute US checks for foreign location productions.
• Maintain and update Accounting Manual and forms
• Partner with Legal, Business Affairs, Production, and Corporate to effectively manage the financial operations of TV production projects
• Generate quarterly reports for Corporate Finance and work closely with them to answer any questions
• Prepare production budgets and templates based on various shooting locales
• Ad hoc reports and projects as required
Experience & Skills
• Experience with scripted episodic television accounting and budgeting
• Thorough understanding of production and production accounting responsibilities
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
• Experience with international productions and knowledge of tax incentive programs
• Experience with V5, Global Vista, MMB, SceneChronize, and proficient in Excel
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Accounting or Finance)
• Attention to Detail, highly organized, and strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Must get along with others and work well as part of a team
Legendary Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Legendary Entertainment does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual oriented, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.
The anticipated annual base salary for this position is $150k to $175k. This range (amount) does not include any other compensation components or other benefits that an individual may be eligible for. Total rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. Legendary Entertainment also provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, employee wellness programs, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, year-round paid holidays, and paid time off (PTO).
The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, which may include as applicable, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, market demands and indicators, specific and unique skills or training, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the geographic location in which the applicant lives and/or from which they will be performing the job. The hiring salary range (amount) for this position applies to New York City and California.
$150000 - 175000 per year