Director, TV Production Finance
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Television studio in Burbank is currently seeking a Director of Television Production Finance. This position reports to the Head of Television Production Finance and manages the financial and accounting processes for scripted and animated television programs.
• Responsible for overall financial show management and administration of scripted television production
• Manage freelance production accounting teams, ensuring that financial policies and procedures are adhered to, costs are accurately reported, and issues resolved
• Provide guidance and assist Prep/Wrap accountants with day to day workflow and questions
• Manage pre-production accounting including budgets, show set-ups, tax incentive applications
• Manage production cash flows and funding requests, including tracking foreign currency hedge payments
• Handles banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations, and wire transfer payments
• Manage ATL payments, including creating payment schedules and analysis of payments for proper distribution
• Review and analyze production accounting ledgers, hot costs, cost reports, and trial balances
• Oversee the turnover of projects from Production to Wrap, generate Cost Reports when needed, and work with Wrap Accountant throughout Post to closing of shows.
• Prepare and handle residual packages and setup.
• Review, print and distribute US checks for foreign location productions.
• Maintain and update Accounting Manual and forms
• Partner with Legal, Business Affairs, Production, and Corporate to effectively manage the financial operations of TV production projects
• Generate quarterly reports for Corporate Finance and work closely with them to answer any questions
• Prepare production budgets and templates based on various shooting locales
• Ad hoc reports and projects as required
Experience & Skills:
• Experience with scripted episodic television accounting and budgeting
• Thorough understanding of production and production accounting responsibilities
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
• Experience with international productions and knowledge of tax incentive programs
• Experience with V5, Global Vista, MMB, SceneChronize, and proficient in Excel
• Attention to Detail, highly organized, and strong analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision
• Must get along with others and work well as part of a team
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Accounting or Finance)
• 10 years of Production Finance experience