Director, TV Production Finance
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Position Title: Director, TV Production Finance
Location: Burbank, CA
Reporting To: SVP, TV Production Finance
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office. To learn more visit: www.legendary.com.
The Director, TV Production Finance will be responsible for assisting the SVP in managing the financial and accounting processes for scripted and animated programs. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the television production finance department, providing financial oversight throughout the life-cycle of production, from Development through Post Production. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with Episodic TV, oversight in managing production incentives, multiple currencies, and the hiring and management of accounting teams in the field.
• Responsible for overall financial show management and administration of scripted television production.
• Manage freelance production accounting teams, ensuring that financial policies and procedures are adhered to, costs are accurately reported, and issues resolved.
• Provide guidance and assist Prep/Wrap accountants with day-to-day workflow and questions.
• Manage pre-production accounting including budgets, show set-ups, tax incentive applications.
• Manage production cash flows and funding requests, including tracking foreign currency hedge payments.
• Handles banking inquiries, production deposits, bank reconciliations, and wire transfer payments.
• Manage ATL payments, including creating payment schedules and analysis of payments for proper distribution.
• Review and analyze production accounting ledgers, hot costs, cost reports, and trial balances.
• Oversee the turnover of projects from Production to Wrap, generate Cost Reports when needed, and work with Wrap Accountant throughout Post to the closing of shows.
• Prepare and handle residual packages and setup.
• Review, print and distribute US checks for foreign location productions.
• Maintain and update Accounting Manual and forms.
• Partner with Legal, Business Affairs, Production, and Corporate to effectively manage the financial operations of TV production projects.
• Generate quarterly reports for Corporate Finance and work closely with them to answer any questions.
• Prepare production budgets and templates based on various shooting locales.
• Ad hoc reports and projects as required.
Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• 10 years of Production Finance experience.
• Experience with scripted episodic television accounting and budgeting.
• Thorough understanding of production and production accounting responsibilities.
• Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements.
• Experience with international productions and knowledge of tax incentive programs.
• Experience with V5, Global Vista, MMB, SceneChronize, and proficiency in Excel.
• Attention to Detail, highly organized, and strong analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Must get along with others and work well as part of a team.