Director, TV Distribution Operations
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/14/2022 2:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, TV Distribution Operations jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Director, TV Distribution Operations postings
Full Time Job
Position Title: Director, TV Distribution Operations
Location: Burbank, CA (currently hybrid)
Reporting To: SVP, Post-Production
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing, and delivering content to worldwide audiences. Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $19 billion worldwide at the box office.
Legendary is seeking a Director of Worldwide Distribution Operations to join the Legendary Television Post-Production team. This position will be responsible for the supply chain management and product servicing required to fulfill distribution deals for Legendary Television and Legendary Global assets across multiple international distribution platforms and licensing windows. They must have the ability to manage their department toward flawless execution of servicing workflows, while collaborating with internal departments and external vendors to ensure timely delivery of content. This person will be the primary servicing contact for Legendary clients and distribution vendors and must organize activities involving post production, legal, finance, marketing, and sales.
• Be the primary contact for Legendary clients to address distribution operations issues.
• Serve as a liaison between Legendary Television’s Post Production department and International Distribution clients and servicing vendors.
• Establish servicing business best practices and translate these into operational action plans to manage distribution of television programs in a timely and efficient manner.
• Develop and implement plans to create a flexible and efficient global distribution supply chain servicing model that scales internal/external resources to the volume of licensing deals and distribution platforms serviced.
• Assure efficient digital distribution specifications and quality is adhered to for International broadcast, EST, VOD, SVOD, AVOD, and content aggregators.
• Establish foreign language translation and subtitling quality standards and negotiate deals with dubbing and subtitling vendors around the world.
• Create and implement an archival system for Legendary Television and Global assets to maintain and future-proof the company’s IP.
• Create and oversee protection of Legendary Television and Global properties through anti-piracy strategies and vendors.
• Continually explore and test emerging technology and workflows with the goal of making the localization process as efficient as possible.
• Prepare and create digital files for delivery when applicable; these in-house preparations result in cost savings to Legendary to avoid outside vendor charges.
• Manage all vendor relationships and set up methods to measure vendor performance.
• Manage distribution costs and establish annual budgets for distribution services and archiving.
• Assist in Business Affairs negotiations related to delivery specifications and timelines for client licensing agreements.
• Understand all area of accountability worldwide, coordinate and collaborate with other departments within the company in establishing and carrying out responsibilities in achieving Legendary goals.
• Manage screener and Marketing assets portal for client access; negotiate competitive pricing with vendor on various assets for portal access.
Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 5 years of experience in distribution operations, ideally for a global media studio
• Have knowledge of delivery specifications and be technical-minded to understand delivery systems and various broadcast formats for delivery
• Basic knowledge of cloud-based storage and file-delivery systems
• Working knowledge of Adobe’s Creative Cloud software suite
• Demonstrate strong understanding of production and post-production processes to strategize when distribution and localization best practices fit into workflow
• Foster a culture of customer-focused behaviors that promote a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to multi-task multiple, simultaneous projects and operate cross-functionally is required
Legendary Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. Legendary Entertainment does not discriminate in employment with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual oriented, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service or any other characteristic protected by law.