Assistant, TV Production Legal & Business Affairs
Legendary EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The TV Business and Legal Affairs Assistant will support the Vice President of TV Business & Legal Affairs who oversees production legal and other matters for Legendary’s current TV productions, in addition to providing support for other executives in the TV Business and Legal Affairs department. The position will be focused on production legal matters, including for prep, principal and post-production, and will manage day-to-day administrative functions while interfacing and collaborating with a variety of internal and external corporate, creative, legal, post-production, marketing, safety, security, finance, distribution and production personnel and vendors. Additionally, the position will handle scheduling calls, correspondence, content reviews, and drafting production related forms, documents, and agreements. A high degree of confidentiality and discretion are required in regard to all matters handled in this position.
• Answer telephone calls.
• Coordinate/schedule meetings and manage schedule.
• Draft correspondence and basic form agreements.
• Copy, print, and other general administrative functions.
• Create, maintain and organize files.
• Track ongoing production reports.
• Revise, redline, and proofread production related documents and agreements. (e.g., production service agreements, certificates of engagement, vendor/rental agreements, aviation & drone rental agreements, location agreements, production office space/stage/facilities lease agreements, post production and visual effects agreements, marketing agreements, distribution agreements, animation agreements, clearance agreements, tax incentive documents, insurance documents, and guild/union documents)
• Perform content reviews of scripts and cuts.
• Collaborate with internal teams and production personnel.
• Manage special projects as designated, specifically, dealing with administrative and organizational matters.
Experience & Skills:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Experience drafting and redlining.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and pro-active, Team player
• Bachelor’s degree.
• A Juris Doctor degree from a recognized U.S. law school preferred but not required
• Minimum of 2 years of prior experience as an assistant in TV or Features supporting senior executives. Preferably in Production Legal, but not required.
• Ability to work independently.